Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Fess up… who on here is a pseudo intellectual then?
  • camo16
    Free Member

Reading Mark’s STW Twitter thing got me thinking – am I wasting my time on here chatting to pseudo intellectuals? 👿

#finallyeverythingmakessense

😉

wwaswas

If you have to ask then it’s you 😉

footflaps

What is a pseudo intellectual when it’s at home?

clubber
    Free Member

If you don’t know then you’re one 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

[pseudointellectual] what we really need is a proper inter-rater reliable scale for the features and atributes that indicate pseudo and genuine intellectualism. [/pseudointellectual]

camo16
    Free Member

What is a pseudo intellectual when it’s at home?

Like any true pseudo intellectual, I’ll field that one utilising the power of Wiki…

pseudo intellectual may be used as a general term of abuse for intellectuals one dislikes or disagrees with … a pseudo intellectual is someone dishonestly or insincerely using the language, style, or topics of an intellectual, but who lacks the goals, morals, or ability of a “genuine” intellectual. It is someone who acts pretentiously and wishes to win an argument or impress, rather than modestly trying to find the truth – a focus on surface and rhetoric over content.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m a pseudo pseudo intellectual, hanging out with pseudo intellectuals in the hope that some intellectualism will rub off on me, allowing me to increase my status in society get the girls ( I don’t really like the sort of girls that real intellectuals attract )

soma_rich
    Free Member

How do you define an actual Intellectual? Is Mark the yardstick against who everyone else is measured?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shirley it’s someone who is well edukated….

camo16
    Free Member

How do you define an actual Intellectual? Is Mark the yardstick against who everyone else is measured?

Define ‘Mark’.

teethgrinder

I have no idea what that means, except that it’s likely to get a frenzied mod trying to burn you out of your house shouting ‘PSEUDOS OUT’.

footflaps

It is someone who acts pretentiously and wishes to win an argument or impress, rather than modestly trying to find the truth – a focus on surface and rhetoric over content.

I’d say that covers about 95% of STW posters…..

DezB
    Free Member

It is someone who acts pretentiously and wishes to win an argument or impress, rather than modestly trying to find the truth – a focus on surface and rhetoric over content.

Oh yes. There’s a LOT of that on STW. You know who you are pseuds.

bentandbroken

I had a pseudo intellectual once, but the brass knobs fell off so I threw it away

DezB
    Free Member

Great (pseudo) minds, footflaps! 😀

jamesca
    Free Member

Bloody pedo intellectuals, always trying to groom the children in the chess club.

DavidB
    Free Member

I think you have to be a member of the Institute of Physics to be a pseudo intellectual

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m one. Being an actual intellectual requies work and reading. I pretend to be clever but I don’t have the background in classics, philosophy or literature that I ought to.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I just thought it was a nice way of saying posh ****.

thepurist

Is a Sudo intellectual someone who knows how to clean a cat?

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve not noticed you trying to be clever molgrips.. You can’t be very good at it!

yunki
    Free Member

Will we be persecuted by pseudo fascists?

nwgiles

soma_rich – Member
    Is Mark the yardstick against who everyone else is measured?

you want to compare my what to his who…

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve not noticed you trying to be clever molgrips.. You can’t be very good at it!

Or you’re just not intellectual enough, perhaps?

camo16
    Free Member

I pretend to be clever but I don’t have the background in classics, philosophy or literature that I ought to.

[waves willy]

Ooh, I do!

I guess I’m in the top 5% echelon according to footflaps’ pseudo-intellectuals-on-stw-quotient’ then.

Woo hoo.

* is not convinced *

[/waves willy]

baby
    Free Member

I’m a pseudonymaniac.

Sui
    Free Member

Isn’t this just like those that think its funny to talk in binnary code..

thepurist

Is that semaphore spelt out using pictures of Benny Hill?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that semaphore spelt out using pictures of Benny Hill?

*Applauds!*

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, I do!

I guess I’m in the top 5% echelon according to footflaps’ pseudo-intellectuals-on-stw-quotient’ then.

Ah, so you’re a pseudo idiot..?

wwaswas

Isn’t this just like those that think its funny to talk in binnary code.

Or those witches that use base 16 speak to put a hex on you.

ThePinkster

There are 10 people that would apply to – those who can and those who can’t.*

*Is that pseudo intellectual enough for you? 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Ah, so you’re a pseudo idiot..?

That’s just the kind of surface take on my post I’d expect from a pseudo intellectual… 👿 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Whats Sumo Intellectual? A clever fatty? Bound to be a few on here.

wwaswas

Cluedo Ineffectual = rubbish at board games?

camo16
    Free Member

Cluedo Ineffectual = rubbish at board games?

I’ll totally fess up to that one, wwaswas. 🙁

I might also use it as a medical condition next time the family comes around and suggests Monopoly or some other hellish pastime.

‘Sorry love, no can do. I’m Cluedo Ineffectual’.

😉

Dales_rider
    Free Member

How do you measure interlectulism

footflaps

How do you measure interlectulism

shoe size squared multiplied by the square root of the number of posts on STW in a month

camo16
    Free Member

shoe size squared multiplied by the square root of the number of posts on STW in a month

Having made a quick mental calculation (which I can do because I’m a proper pseudo intellectual and know how to use a calculator), I discover to my shame that I my interlectulism score is miserably low.

Must post more. Or stretch feet.

RustySpanner

Pseuds Naughty Corner then?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Fess up… who on here is a pseudo intellectual then?’ is closed to new replies.