Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ferry to the UK advice
  • RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m thinking about taking the troop to the UK to visit the family for Easter. We’ll be travelling in a 7.5m long and 3.10m high mobile home with six people. We want to stay in London on the way up to the Midlands (Shropshire) and was wondering if anyone knows which routes are the cheapest (we will be coming from Germany) or if there are any websites that can make a direct price comparison as all the ones I have tried so far make you choose the route first. Thanks.

wukfit
    Free Member

You are a human trafficker, and I claim my £5

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member
    philxx1975
    Free Member

I stowing away in a lorry not an option?

RoterStern
    Free Member

You are a human trafficker, and I claim my £5 Busted! 🙂

ianfitz
    Free Member

My camper isn’t quite that big but dfds as linked above have always been the cheapest. The fixed time ones particularly so.

Usually do fixed on the way out and flex on the way back

cranberry
    Free Member

For London/south I would guess that Hoek van Holland to Harwich would be the most logical crossing.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Hook/Harwich but be careful on the timings as they charge you for a cabin on the late sailing – its not optional.
    Same route during the day = no cabin and half the cost.
    Sure you can’t just use the chunnel?

mendippete
    Free Member

You need to find a camp site out side of the m25 and go in to London on a train as you will have to pay the emission zone charge for motorhomes , you can check here https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone

easygirl

Try the campsite at crystal palace, it’s 20 mins by train into the city, and crystal palace itself is a nice place to eat and have a look round , we’ve stayed there several times. Yiu would need to pre book though

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails.aspx?csid=21863

Depends if yiur camper is euro 5 , if it is going through London is ok

It was around £10 for a day ticket at Xmas , and that covers train , bus etc

RoterStern
    Free Member

We are planning on heading to that campsite in Crystal Palace. Used to live just down the road so know the area well. The camper is based on a Fiat Ducato and is Euro 5 so AFAIK I can drive inti London (it’s got the green placard for all cities in Germany).
    Looked at that link for DFD that seems to be the cheapest I’ve found so far. Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ferry to the UK advice’ is closed to new replies.