Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Ferrari to quit F1 unless rules are changed
  • FuzzyWuzzy

There does need to be some sort of budget cap to prevent the historical 2 or 3 team domination (this year has been a refreshing change) but 40m is too low. F1 is about innovation as much as anything, if you want a fairer playing field then go into Indy Car racing instead. I think the testing ban needs to be reviewed to, sure it adds an element of the unknown when you’re testing new parts on Friday and racing on Sunday but it also stifles development and engineers/designers take less risks.

hora
    Free Member

Don’t forget that McLaren have said they dont wish to discuss it in public, and will be discussing it with the other teams ahead of the deadline. (ie they dont want to publically rattle FIA’s cage)

Agree. In business you dont enter discussions then report (ongoing) what is being discussed to the media do you?

They’ve stopped the racing becoming a 100% procession this year- why are they tinkering even further? See my CVC-post 😉

Plus, if Mosley really does care about recession/prudence…..he realises that alot of F1 staff/supplying companies-linked will surely be made redundant due to the cost-cutting?

grumm
    Free Member

I think Ferrari have a point. These rule changes are stupid, can’t be arsed with F1 this season.

hora
    Free Member

I think Ferrari have a point. These rule changes are stupid, can’t be arsed with F1 this season.

I haven’t watched one race this season.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lets not go the way of group B rally cars, they were banned for a very good reason.

Just the same reasons that mean we now have rules in touring car racing, “back in the day”, when everyone was wearing their rose tinted glasses, teams used to acid dip the roof sections of cars and build roll cages out of exhaust pipe!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Time for F-Zero me thinks

WIPEOUT would be even better 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

I think this is laughable – Ferrari this season seem to have moved back to the pre-Schumacher/Brawn/Todt years, and Luca Montez(whateverhisnameis) can’t see how they can rescue this season. As they have unlimited funds but restricted testing this season, next season would be the opposite and they/he realises it’ll be “Same Sh*t, Different Day”, unless Brawn rejoins and Schumacher comes out of retirement.

Don’t forget this is the “team” that let Irvine loose the championship with a couple of dodgy tactical decisions.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

but it also stifles development and engineers/designers take less risks.

Plus i think it makes it harder for new, young drivers to get a seat, as they cant get the seat time during the season like they used to be able to, so teams having such limited time available will go with the old hand who can set the car up quickly.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Ferrari to quit F1 unless rules are changed’ is closed to new replies.