Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ferrari Driving Experiences – recommendations…
  • the-muffin-man

Hi all,

Just doing a bit of googling for Ferrari driving experiences as a pressie for my father-in-law but they all seem a bit steep for the time you spend in the car.

Has anyone any recommendations for experiences within 1 to 2 hours of Derby that aren’t silly money but give you more than 5 minutes in a car!

Cheers!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Avoid ones at Threee Sisters nr Wigan, unless it’s very cheap. it’s more of a kart track.

samuri
    Free Member

The obvious place to look at is Donnington. Try Groupon or one of the other places. I’ve used the racing school a number of times.

£100 to £150 for about 10 laps is about right in my experience.
    Edit: Although a lap of Donnington will take a while so expect less laps.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Is Silverstone to far?
    The Porsche experience is brilliant, I have done a few track days inc single seater, & the PE is by far the most fun I have had & that was in a standard 911, in an older GT3 it would be sublime.
    The problem with normal driving experiences is that they just don’t let you rag the cars, the only time I was told to calm it down on the PE was when I was catching his boss up on the handling circuit :mrgreen:

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQNLo3RFV8[/video]

bails

Went to one in Lutterworth, not actually a Ferrari but there were some there.

It was expensive and there was a lot of waiting around for the few minutes in the car.

So no help there….

edhornby

I know you said Ferrari but if that isn’t a dealbreaker then go for formula ford or something else single seat racer, on a track then a proper racer is way better bang for your buck

Pook

I did one at Silverstone. 2 laps with a pro, 4 laps myself.

Loved it, but did feel short changed

honeybadgerx

Can highly recommend croft circuit near Darlington. They do various experience packages and it’s a really good circuit to boot. You don’t just get loose for a few laps either, there’s a half hour briefing session first telling you how to brake, corner, etc. effectively, then instructors in the car with you telling you how to drive better/quicker. Got my mum the super car experience for her 60th a few months ago and she absolutely loved it.

Del

i would strongly recommend a caterham slalom day. most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Andy-W
    Free Member

have a look at bookatrack.com and hire one of there track cars

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ferrari Driving Experiences – recommendations…’ is closed to new replies.