• This topic has 53 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Ferguson? No STW opinions?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Read online the other day someone saying that the NRA should be coming out in support of the protesters. After all, the NRA thinks people should arm themselves to protected against state oppression.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Hah! The NRA is probably run by a lot of ancestors of plantation owners though, can’t have logic getting in the way of your deep seated racism.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The officer suffered an orbital fracture after being punched, if true then fair play

This seems to be rather thinly reported. The claim is exclusively sourced to a thing called ”Gateway Pundit”, which quotes “sources” who evidently don’t want to be named.

(see for example this New York Post which is just a re-report of Gatweway Pundit with no additional material.)

Gateway Pundit cites this News Report, which notes in passing hearsay remarks from one of the St Louis police chiefs about the supposed injury. The reporter is pretty off-the-cuff about something so vital.

I’m pretty concerned about the lack of information. If it is true that officer Wilson was hit hard enough to break his face, it almost completely exonerates him. As the police department is 10 days into failing to deal with violent clashes sparked when Wilson supposedly executed an unarmed black man who was trying to surrender, it’s simply bizarre that no credible or detailed reports of Wilson’s injuries have been put out there by official spokesmen.

On balance, it just doesn’t look true to me. 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

Interesting article on the militarisation of the police in the US/Ferguson:

http://www.thenation.com/article/181315/catalog-ferguson-police-weaponry

wrecker
    Free Member

Just grew up with lots of RAF types Kona Bunny.

RAF? 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

I bet you guys totally know what colour the boathouse at Hereford is.

Saw this movie for the first time recently, I thought it was amazing, especially the first half. Really tense stuff!

shermer75
    Free Member

Just watched thus clip on youtube. I’d four gotten about Natascha McElhone’s oirish accent!!!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MkjmbdHUM[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

If it is true that officer Wilson was hit hard enough to break his face, it almost completely exonerates him.

no, it doesn’t. it depends on the totality of the circumstances. if he was punched in the face and shot the guy when he was 10 metres away having run off, that would be one thing. if he shot the guy in the midst of being pummeled then tht would be quite another. the mere fact that the cop had a fracture wouldn’t say much about anything.

BigDummy
    Free Member

no, it doesn’t. it depends on the totality of the circumstances.

Fair enough, I over-stated. It makes it waaaaay better than it currently looks though. Agreed?

🙂

natrix
    Free Member

Have you watched the video of the latest shooting??

https://www.youtube.com/verify_controversy?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3D6ta2-7QJM78%26bpctr%3D1408700442

I really can’t see how it can be justified and would like to think that most Britsh police officers could have dealt with the situation without resorting to shooting him dead (i.e. by giving him a good battering with a truncheon etc).

Rockape63
    Free Member

For your info a double tap is when you are using an automatic gun or rifle and you press the trigger long enough to fire two shots only. You can’t fire a double tap with a hand gun as they can only be semi autos.

wrecker
    Free Member

For your info a double tap is when you are using an automatic gun or rifle and you press the trigger long enough to fire two shots only. You can’t fire a double tap with a hand gun as they can only be semi autos.

Really……… 😕

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Oh my days! The amount of inaccurate stuff written on here about firearms is amazing. Too much tv video games ans books by ex SAS I reckon. I’d encourage anyone who gets the chance to try a handgun at a range though. Give you an idea how difficult they are to shoot accurately.

Klunk
    Free Member

the JD report into the Ferguson Police is quite damning. the full report.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Ferguson? No STW opinions?’ is closed to new replies.