Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fenwicks Foaming Spray Chain / Cassette Cleaner
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bloody hell this is genius, not sure how ive not stumbled across this before! guy at LBS recommended it, and im converted, dead simple to spray on, the foam stays on the chain cassette instead of dripping down/off like a spray liquid degreaser, spin cranks backwards, then give it a quick brush and clean off with fresh water and it looks like new

no more chain baths for me, 2 minute job and easy to take with you to clean before putting back in the car, well impressed and a big can seems like it would last you ages

dantsw13

Yep, I use that too. Very happy.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

My local bunnings does a citrus foam degreaser for about 5 bucks a can that does a similar job. Think it might be a wd40 product. Pretty decent.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Looks an easy cleaning solution just ordered some and the matching sponge, all in £11 on Amazon

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I didn’t get the sponge though it can’t do it any harm I guess, just think a sponge with peak grit would perish after a few spins of the cranks

I just used a muc off brush , though to be honest it had cleaned most off by just spinning the cranks and leaving for a minute or two

Great great stuff, cleans the cassette brilliantly too

tonyg2003

Yep use it regularly. Particularly good on road dirt drive trains.

DT78
    Free Member

How does it spray? Do you need to be really careful of the rotors?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

It’s just mint I hardly ever degrease the chain due to the faff involved

Spray this on the chain as you are spinning and job done

Nope DT unbelievably it’s save on rotors too, not that if spray there and when you use it you’ll see why you won’t spray them anyways but it is safe to overspray on them 🙂

It’s sort of like a shaving foam type spray but not as foamy if you get me

Tis proper smart though and works

100mphplus
    Free Member

Been using it myself for 6mths, it is fantastic stuff.
    Spray on, leave for a couple of mins, pedal backwards with a stiff brush placed on the cassette, hose off – sparkling 8)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Agreed exactly as I did today = revelation and don’t mind doing it every ride now

DT78
    Free Member

Okay on rotors as well? Tis witchcraft

MoreCashThanDash

Right, it’s going on my shopping list when I get a new drivetrain in the new year

BrickMan

I’ve been using Swarfega Jizer for the last few years, its about £7/litre, has the same sort of liquidity as muc off etc, but a lot more potent; yet strong enough to degrease a chain easily without ruining your paint.

Its also water soluble. And a litre bottle has done me about 18 months

chrisdw
    Free Member

I use fairy liquid on a muc-off brush.

I know, I know… Shouldn’t use it on bikes etc etc

Been doing it for years. On brakes, on suspension so problems.

Foams up and seems to work as well as the fenwicks stuff.

adsh
    Free Member

Brilliant stuff.

matt_outandabout

Second the Swarfega Jizer – not posh foamy, but cheap and works reet well. Just label the squinty bottle well – it’s the same colour as the frame/ general cleaner I have.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

jizer is good as a liquid degreaser, i get it from work so have used both, but its not in the same league as ease of use as this foam stuff from fenwicks, this makes what is usually a messy time consuming job into a 2 min job with no mess and no need for a chain bath anymore

to think the amount of times ive not cleaned my chain properly cos i cant be arsed with the faff, now i should have silkly smooth gears every ride 🙂

faustus

I like the sound of the foam stuff, i’ll be treating myself to some at xmas! I’ve used jizer before, but found it a bit too potent, and it is so runny that if you use too much it gets into the freehub and washes out the grease. Great for a chain bath, but I use white spirit for that which is cheaper still…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fenwicks Foaming Spray Chain / Cassette Cleaner’ is closed to new replies.