Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fenwick's. Anyone use the Caravan Cleaner on bikes?
  • RustySpanner

It’s about £7.00 for 5 litres of concentrate rather than £30.00 for the same amount of the bike stuff.

Anyone looked into the differences between the two? Must be a breakdown of the contents on the labels?

I don’t mind if my bike turns white & holds up every other bike on the trails, but I don’t want to damage anything.

Caravans are metal and plastic, just like bikes, so I can’t see a problem, but would appreciate any real life experiences.
    Of Fenwick’s.
    Not caravanning.
    Which I have nothing at all against.

Thanks in advance.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure they brought out the bike wash in response to the popularity of the caravan cleaner amongst cyclists. Go for it.

Baznav
    Free Member

Tried it didn’t think much of it.

ssnowman
    Free Member

I wasn’t impressed either.

GavinB

Tried it didn’t think much of it.

caravanning or the cleaner?

kjcc25
    Free Member

Never tried it on my bike but it does a brilliant job on the caravan, especially the Bobby Dazzler!

robarnold
    Free Member

We used to sell it as a bike cleaner in the LBS I worked in as it was a much cheaper alternative to Muc Off. Customers used to swear by it, same job as Muc Off and a third of the price

andyl
    Free Member

the bike cleaner concentrate is normally about £10-11 per litre which dilutes to 5 litres anyway.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

If you look up the safety data sheets its the same as FS1 the bike specific one, just a different colour.
    Pretty much the same as Muc Off IIRC.

DezB
    Free Member

There was a thread about this a few years back – I emailed the company and got a reply saying that there may be corrosive elements in the caravan cleaner that’ll damage aluminium.
    The bike stuff is specially formulated and worth paying the extra for IMO.

Ooh, look, it’s still in my Gmail:

Thanks for your question. The FS-1 is based on similar raw materials as the caravan cleaner but has a lot more in besides. The FS-1 is more active, it contains water dispersants, corrosion inhibitors and a few secret ingredients. So it is better at cleaning especially thick dirt and grime, and helps look after and protect the bikes components better.

So yes it is a different product and well worth the extra cost over the caravan cleaner.

Kind Regards,

Jonathon Smith

Managing Director

Fenwick’s Ltd.

Diluted 10:1 it lasts flippin ages anyway ya skinflint.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I use Fenwicks too. I thought it was pricey at the time but it lasts so long that it’s really not at all. Better and cheaper than Muc-Off IMO

Junkyard
    Free Member

o yes it is a different product and well worth the extra cost over the caravan cleaner

They are not going to say anything different though are they.

No they are basically the same but we charge a massive mark up for the bike cleaner one but shhh dont tell anyone and just get the caravan one

ThePinkster

FS1 does a great job of chain cleaning too, and remarkably quickly. Far better than Muc-Off.

DezB
    Free Member

No they are basically the same but we charge a massive mark up for the bike cleaner one but shhh dont tell anyone and just get the caravan one

You believe that, you buy the caravan stuff 🙂

ThePinkster

If it’s any help I’ve also used diluted FS1 to clean my caravan and that came up a dream too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fenwick's. Anyone use the Caravan Cleaner on bikes?’ is closed to new replies.