Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Fenix Torch as lid mounted light ?
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Anyone use a Fenix lid mounted torch ?
    Thinking of getting one of these to go with my Exposure race light :
    http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/led_torches/fenix_l2d_q5.html

Anyone had any thoughts / experiences 🙄
    Thanks

Eldrik
    Free Member

I'm happy enough with my L2D Q5, especially with decent 2700 mah rechargeable batteries.

However, no doubt others will be along soon to recommend the latest torches which are apparently even better.

karnali
    Free Member

use mine on my lid to complement a airbike sl on the bars, commuting i only switch it on to descend steep and potholed roads as it gives a nice spot light, of orad use them both most of the time unless climbing on fire road. had mine 2 winters now and very leased witht he quality

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Anyone use the mount that Fenix sell for £7 or just cable ties ?
    Whats the mount like, seems its made up mostly of velcro but does it keep the light tight and wobble free ?

stevemorg2

they may no longer be the brightest but there is more than enough light, they are well made and nice and light on the helmet – I don't think you'll go wrong with one

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I use one with that mount and it is fine. Battery life isn't great at full tilt but fine if you switch it off when you stop.

Eldrik
    Free Member

@bunnerscj

The Lockblock works fine at keeping it stable when mounted on my helmet's central section, but when mates have borrowed the L2D, it doesn't fit their helmet designs so well.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Would anyone pay the extra £100 and get a 'joystick' ?
    Any other alternative for around £50, dont fancy the deal extreme business either !

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Just looked and mine is a Fenix P3D with the 750mah li-ion batteries. V bright at 215 lumens but battery life probably only 80 mins in turbo mode. How long do the L2D versions last?

Northwind

You shouldn't rule out Dealextreme, they have an assortment of torches some of which outclass the Fenixes on light, some on burn time, and pretty much all on price- so whatever you're after they'll have a better option. The Fenixes are better made though, and better weather protected, but tbh the MTE ones DX sell are easily up to the task, they're tough and water resistant.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Anyone got a dx linky to some lights, do you need to buy light, batt and charger separately ?

mudpup
    Free Member

The PD30 has a whiter light and seems a lot brighter than the older models

stevemorg2

If you want something a bit cheaper than a Fenix but don't want the unpredictability of DX then try this guy

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-All-Flashlights/Categories

the stuff he sells is well priced, good quality and he's helpful with VAT/customs

robgarrioch

Fenix quality is really top-notch. Got a TA-21 for use on and, mainly, off the bike. Useful for its range of brightness, but probably too heavy for serious use. Using the velcro straps from the lock-block holder to tie it to my helmet ( 😳 ) & it's solid. The L2d looks better for helmet purposes, & around 110 Ln looks v. useful with my torch.
    You might find this thread interesting re helmet / bar combos.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I use a Fenix L2D on the lid with a lockblock 2fish holder and a DX P7 Torch on the bar and am very happy with the combo.

grumm
    Free Member

they may no longer be the brightest but there is more than enough light, they are well made and nice and light on the helmet – I don't think you'll go wrong with one

This.

stevemorg2

If you do go for a Fenix then I can recommend the service from Rob here

http://www.thephotonshop.co.uk/

organic355
    Free Member

Would anyone pay the extra £100 and get a 'joystick' ?

I did, I looked at the fenix too before I purchased, the run times and brightness werent as good as the joystick. I also wanted to handlebar mount it for commuting and didnt like the look of the fenix bracket.

I just upgraded my joystick with the white eye, 480 lumens now!! **** bright!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Fenix Torch as lid mounted light ?’ is closed to new replies.