Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Feng Shui?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Any of you folks use it?I,m in a new home and I wondered if you have any tips.Southeast/Northwest house(I think). Cheers

scotroutes

As long as there’s a space for my holographic energy bands I’m happy.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Translates as “snake oil”

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

Erm, No.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

What’s your evidence for that assertion RH?

Cougar

What’s your evidence that he’s wrong? Burden of proof lies with the claimant.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

It works for the Chinese(honed over thousands of years).

Cougar

Anecdotes are not evidence.

Many things “work for the Chinese,” they’re bollocks also.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Snake oil has infinite uses.

None of them, however, “work”.

See also: superstition

chewkw
    Free Member

Feng Shui is not one size fits all so generally it is associated with the owner first then occupants.

However, there is a lot of basic information available from the interweb so just read them up and deal with the very basic and you should be fine.

You need to employ the expert if you really want to do it properly.

Non-believers will always be non-believers even in the far east as most people don’t believe in Feng Shui or lack such knowledge or understanding. Even in a society where such tradition is well known most people just employ a “master” for advice.

I was listening to a local programme in HK where the local commentators were saying that majority of the HK people give jack shit to all religions or belief including their own. But whenever they need help they can find plenty in the society so that’s the different.

chewkw
    Free Member

Rob Hilton – Member
    Snake oil has infinite uses.

None of them, however, “work”.

See also: superstition
    Whether it works or not it does not matter what matter is it gives the believers peace of mind.

If you are happy using Feng Shui where it gives you happiness then that is good enough.

See also: Happiness, peace of mind.

davosaurusrex

GTF.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Shallow fry in sesame oil

RobHilton
    Free Member

Whether it works or not it does not matter what matter is it gives the believers peace of mind

I’ll give a bit on that as telling lies to people to make them feel better, such as religion, homeopathy & placebo medicines do have their place. But if these “masters” are making a living out of this shit are they not preying on the innocent?

I won’t have a word said against Psychic Sally, mind :mrgreen:

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Feng Shui?

Best in omelette yes?

funkmasterp

Origami works better than Feng Shui

chewkw
    Free Member

Rob Hilton – Member
    I’ll give a bit on that as telling lies to people to make them feel better, such as religion, homeopathy & placebo medicines. But if these “masters” are making a living out of this shit are they not preying on the innocent?

I won’t have a word said against Psychic Sally, mind

Since the scientific minds always champion experiment let’s try this to see if something happens. All you with scientific minds give it a go.

This is an experiment to see if it actually works.

Do this this year 2016 then see if something happens to you.

Have your working desk sit facing the following angle between 232.5 – 247.5 degrees
    , or go outside your house and start digging a small hole in the ground in the southwest or get hammer to hammer that location.

Sit at your working desk with you back to the South this year.

At this location this year south (142.5 – 217.5 degree) do this.

Try to dig a hole or small hole in the ground in the garden or do something like moving earth or do decoration if it is in the house, then see if you encounter three occurrences this year.

In the North East of your garden or house … dig a hole or do decoration in the NE if inside the house such as maintenance work etc. See if something will happen …

The above should be interesting experiments so once you have done the above you just sit back to observe and by March 2017 you should try to reevaluate to see if you wish is fulfilled.

Be brave to give them a go so please don’t give the poncy excuses like you cannot do it because you don’t belief and shite like that. They are or should be “scientific” experiment at the basic, so action please rather than your poncy excuses.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I suspect alot of it is just common sense.Thus excluding most of the minds on here.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,m water sign apparently.Not to keen on the north thing however.

slowoldman

If it makes you feel better do it. But it is bollocks.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Have your working desk sit facing the following angle…

I’m unemployed, will this still not have any effect on “something” happening to me? Something?? Over the period of a year? GTFO!!!

Something is happening to me right now – my chuckle button is being pressed 😆

inside the house

I live in a flat. I also have no garden.

Hang on! I’ve encountered physic abilities this convincing elsewhere – you’re Sally aren’t you!?

How can I observe “something” without knowing what the something is?

scotroutes

Have your working desk sit facing the following angle…

What about my broken desk?

chewkw
    Free Member

Rob Hilton – Member
    I’m unemployed, will this still not have any effect on “something” happening to me? Something?? Over the period of a year? GTFO!!!

Doesn’t matter just do it see if something will happen.

I live in a flat. I also have no garden.

No need garden so inside your flat in those directions …

scotroutes – Member
    What about my broken desk?

Does not matter so long as that is your work place. Just face that direction …

slowoldman – Member
    If it makes you feel better do it. But it is bollocks.

Never try never know. We all need some sort of experiment and this is the least we can do to try them out.

RobHilton
    Free Member

this is the least we can do

I’m going to do less than you suggest – less is more according to homeopathy, so even more “something” will* happen as a direct result.

*won’t

LadyGresley
    Free Member

see if something will happen

I’m quite sure it will 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

Rob Hilton – Member
    I’m going to do less than you suggest – less is more according to homeopathy, so even more “something” will* happen as a direct result.

*won’t See excuses, excuses … Just do it man! 🙄

Lady Gresley – Member

I’m quite sure it will [/quote] Nobody knows so it is high time some of them give it a try. :mrgreen:

jambalaya
    Free Member

Advice: get an expert in. I used to work for an Asian focused bank so we had Feng Shui in every room, coins and little statues placed in various spots by the expert. Large Dragon statue facing outwards to ward off evil spirits. No floor 4 (bad luck). We got whacked by the Financial Crises and shares fell from 21 to 5 but we didn’t die so maybe it works 😯

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by ‘work’. Many simple aspects work, for example not sitting with you back to the door, or with ou back towards a corner or having our chair under a roofbeam. These work, they feel more comfortable for many people. Do they bring luck? Well,people who believe they are lucky are luckier.
    a lot depends on your character.
    But not sure which is cause or effect.

in feng shui, much can be deduced about a person by the way they describe their surroundings

slowoldman

Perhaps if you’d got a better expert in the dragon would have done its job better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What if I didn’t do any of that stuff and something just happened?

Cougar

Correlation does not equal causation.

What’s this “something?” Moreover, does anyone ever got a year without “something” happening? “Something” happens to me on a daily basis.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

to the point the basics of the blind test is a group of people do the test, a number of them do all the stuff you say, another group so basically the opposite of what you suggest but believing it’s right, then some people just get on with their lives and compare the results.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

but compare what aspect of the reuslt? You need to look for an outcome on this blind test, besides, this 3 arm test would be very difficult to make blind. How would you get those who just carried on to be ‘blind’?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but compare what aspect of the reuslt?

I think it’s one of those things that the people telling us it works need to let us know, you know the positive effects what are they?
    The ones who did nothing? just tell them they are part of a study, right down when “something happens” and fill in the same questionnaires as the other participants.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

What if I didn’t do any of that stuff and something just happened? [/quote]Then we shall have another topic to chinwag on STW … Chinwag <= that term makes me laugh all the time. :mrgreen:

Don’t go anal about the experimental set up yet. It’s just a try to see if something happens. It will normally takes 3 months to see things happening but if there is a “9” digit in your age, you might see things happening much faster if I am right or the happening will be much obvious.

Basically good or bad it is down to your nature as person i.e. the result is contingent upon your nature as person in life.

Give it a go first then after that we can go anal about chin waging a proper experimental set up if there is a need.

slowoldman

chewkw, I have a feeling you are making this up. 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    chewkw, I have a feeling you are making this up.

You are giving me too much credit Slowoldman chap as it is beyond my capability other than me having some knowledge of them. i.e. just surface knowledge based on our culture.

slowoldman

Yes, there is superstitious nonsense in many cultures.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Yes, there is superstitious nonsense in many cultures.

Give it a go see what happen worst case scenario you might be intrigued then you might develop your own rationality.

binners

I always though that it could be summed up as ‘don’t leave the bog door open while you’re dropping the kids off’

When we were selling our house (in Chorlton – where else?), the couple buying it contacted our solicitor (at the eleventh hour) to say that they wouldn’t be able to complete on the day originally agreed as they’d consulted their Feng Shui advisor who had informed them that the chi wasn’t right for the house on that particular date, and given them another date a few weeks later when it would be. So they’d have to put everything on hold until then. Having spoken to them, having assumed it was a joke, he said they were actually deadly serious

I told him to instruct them that if they didn’t stop this new age nonsense immediately, and stop being so silly I would be putting the house straight back on the market, and they could start house hunting all over again

Thinking about it I may have worded it slightly differently than that. There’s a possibility that a lot more swearing was involved, but you get the gist

We didn’t find out how much they had been charged for this ‘advice’. They ended up going with my option. I’m unaware if anything cataclysmic happened as a result of this spiritual recklessness

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Feng Shui?’ is closed to new replies.