Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fender…..or not!
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

So after getting slightly damp and muddy today, what’s the go to solution? Man up, crud catcher or don’t go out in the first place….(mainly bothered about the front wheel)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’d go for a first series 59 Strat Relic. Love mine.

simondbarnes

I prefer Gibsons personally

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Vital when mooring alongside.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

…..I should have guessed 🙄

bikeneil
    Free Member

Fender? What’s wrong with mudguard?

nach
    Free Member

Solution: DPM/waterproof shorts, bibs underneath, stone/tile/wood floors between the front door and the shower.

m360
    Free Member

Crud catcher on the downtube and an old innertube between the fork crown and brace (+ a mug of MTFU!) and an ass saver on the rear.

andylc
    Free Member

So often rides are wet even in Summer – I just leave a set of mudhuggers on all year round.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What’s wrong with mudguard?

Wouldn’t match the colorway on his decals, braw.

Northwind

Mine has an awesome massive shockboard- the endurocanoe- on the front. Looks awful, rattles all the time, stops mud like a force field. I may have been a little smug when other people’s forks blocked up around their bender fenders today…

The hardtail usually gets a rear one for winter. Actually, maybe the new full suss will take one too- old one wouldn’t, only reason it didn’t have one. I always wonder what sort of riding people who’re against the idea do, waterproof shorts are no real alternative (as good as they are), can’t see any reason to make a long winter ride any more unpleasant than it has to be. Any idiot can get muddy/wet but some seem to think it’s a badge of honour.

Wish Crud would bring back the 3-bolt crudcatcher, maybe with the new mudguard blade… Best mudguard ever, after a couple of revisions the replacement is still shit sadly. 5 minutes with lathe and soldering iron to make it work right but that’s a bit beyond normal fitting advice…

Klunk
    Free Member

16 Back Duke Ellington for a start, on guitar (8)

z1ppy

Mucky nutz front guard just lives on my bike, unobtrusive & pretty effective, use with a crud catcher there even better Imo

shermer75
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RkqAhPCuULo[/video]

jonwe
    Free Member

Telecaster for me. Though was thinking of a hollowbody PRS.

slowoldman

Telecaster through a ’59 Bassman every time.

Or mudguards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fender…..or not!’ is closed to new replies.