Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fencing question
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Garden has a 11m fence run, as far as i can see fence panels are 3m. So how do you fence a garden that isn’t a multiple of 3 and a bit ( fence posts)?

Jamie
    Free Member

You cut down the final fence panel. Usual way is to pry the battens off the ends, and re-fix them further in and cut the excess off.

…or do a different style of fence like featheredge.

nickjb
    Free Member

3m would be a big panel. Normally 6ft/1.8m.

psling
    Free Member

As others have said, a ‘panel’ would usually be 6ft or some are 1.8m.
    3m would be a Closeboard (featheredge board) ‘bay’ – the post to post centre dimension – which would be constructed in-situ. and the last bay would be conztructed to suit the remaining gap.
    If you are planning to use panels, the last panel can be made to measure or altered on site to suit.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

En-Garde?

psling
    Free Member

Foiled again…

mrmo
    Free Member

don’t know why i had three in my head, 6ft or 1.8m….

ideas at the moment, garden needs a new fence, not actually sure who’s fence it is either? ours or neighbours. Hopefully it will be in some of the paperwork but i don’t exchange till tomorrow.

As a sub question, what is the best way to deal with a slope?

boabym

Fencing basically is a modular system comprising of posts dug in @ 1.8metre centres, rails @ 3.6metre long and as many boards as you want clad ( typically 8 boards a metre at a hammer head gap) So if you want to construct this type of fence use these values to build the fence according to your required linear length. Obviously if a gate is required take this into account and increase the number of posts required. If a panel fence then they are still constructed in imperial so use this value in your equation.
    Gate construction to follow in the next thread!!!

mrmo
    Free Member

no need for a gate in this case.

psling
    Free Member

Lower gears… 😆

Depends on how big the slope. If using panels you can either step them or put in ‘gravel boards’ (usually 22mm x 150mm timber boards) under some of panels as necessary. If building a closeboard fence you can run it to the slope (or step/gravel boards as per panels).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fencing question’ is closed to new replies.