Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fencing – what sort of prices?
  • Stu_N

Need a new back fence after today’s gales. We’re about 7m long, looking for something maybe 2m high with a gate in it, concreted in posts and vertical planks.

Got one quote and another on the way, just wondered what people have paid to get a rough idea. And yes, we’re on a “**** fence” premium rate I’d imagine.

falkirk-mark

Why not just repost the fence and use the existing good wood it would work out a lot cheaper if you want to keep cost down.

Stu_N

There’s no existing “good wood” – was an old larchlap fence. Looking for a complete replacement – new posts and everything. One of the post sockets was loose anyway and shored up with bricks after Bawbag and another had been half-arsedly repaired by me with some leftover mortar a couple of years ago.

I was considering DIY as I knew it needed done, but it’s not going to happen in the next couple of weeks so need to get a man in.

scaredypants

“**** fence” premium rate

For the next month or so, I’m guessign that prices have doubled at least

unless you need a fence right now, I’d wait

Stu_N

unless you need a fence right now, I’d wait

We don’t have that option, unless we want to have no back fence for months…

Stu_N

Anyone?

pjm84
    Free Member

Last year I was quoted £300 + VAT per 3.6m length. Arris rails / loose shiplap boards. No gate

Murr
    Free Member

4×4 posts are around £7 each you will need one every 1.8 mtr the rails are 75 x35 aprox and cost about £3.50 and are 3.6 mtr long ,the slats are1.8 mtr long and cost around 95p each for 100 x20 for every mtr of fence you need 9 slats and postcrete is around £6 per bag and you will need one per post best to go to a local timber place .

psling
    Free Member

What area are you in?

allthegear
    Free Member

£25 an hour? I can only teach foil, though.

Rachel

psling
    Free Member

😆

Stu_N

Central Scotland (as you might guess from the news…)

Based on Murr’s numbers (cheers for them)

5 posts = 35 quid
    5 bags post-crete = 30 quid
    6 rails = 28 quid
    60 slats = 60 quid
    plus a big bag of nails, a couple of hinges and a bolt.

So about 150 – 170 in materials

Maybe half a day’s work for someone with the kit, the skillz and a nail gun = 100-150 quid?

psling
    Free Member

Ahh, I’m no use to you then (we supply fencing materials, based in Herefordshire).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fencing – what sort of prices?’ is closed to new replies.