Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fence treatment….sprayer or brush?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Ok, got 8 panels to do plus posts. Any STW folks used these sprayer type fence treatments?

Also creosote or fence paint type stuff?

Rochey
    Free Member

Tried spraying, went all over the car because the wind got it 🙁

Used brush, slower but IMO better results.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Did it do the panels ok though?

Too Slow…you edited 🙂

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Brush if you want to paint your fence, sprayer if you want to paint your fence, yourself, and everything else in a 10m radius.

project
    Free Member

Brush or roller, the neighbours arent to chuffed when their car is covered in brown fence stain, oh and use an oil beased one, wash brushes in white spiit, not the cheaper water based emulsiion types, theyre just that emulsion with a brown colour.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I lent my neighbour my paint sprayer to do his fence with the obvious warning that it goes everywhere. Other neighbour wasn’t too happy when clothes on the washing line and their garden path ended up covered in red fence treatment. so brush is the way to go if you have neighbours.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My girlfriends mum brought a sprayer and asked me to do her fence, after 5 minutes of pumping the stupid thing It was going everywhere, I soon learned I didn’t like the taste of fence stain, i just used a wall papering brush in the end.

monogramman
    Free Member

If your fence pannels are removeable lift them from the posts, lay them flat but off the ground then paint them using a soft bristle house brush. Done in no time.

busydog
    Free Member

Like most said, unless you live quite a distance from neighbors (not to mention what a gust of wind can do to your own car, windows, walkways, etc) best to use a brush–you can also really get the sealer into every crack and corner. Roller is faster, but you can’t get into every corner/crack as well.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

yes brush/roller those bleeping sprayers should be banned, neighbour covered our car with overspray took him ages to clean it off properly – that’ll learn him!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fence treatment….sprayer or brush?’ is closed to new replies.