Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Female top trumps for coats, shoes and scarves….
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

We have redecorated our vestibule (we are not as posh as that sounds) and my partner wants more coat hooks to accommodate her coats n stuff. Before we fix BnQs entire stock of coat hooks I suggested the problem may not be inadequate hooks but that keeping non-seasonal clothing hanging unused for 6 months. My partner has 11 coats and 16 scarves hanging up behind the front door. Can anyone beat that?

Bregante

Not with coats and thankfully not with the current Mrs B but my ex wife had over 200 pairs of shoes*, many of them one off designs. In the last house we had together the box room was literally filled with shoes still in their boxes.

*she was (and still is) a buyer for a shoe wholesale business.

gnusmas

My wife has 2 coats, 2 pairs of trainers, 1 pair of shoes and no scarves. Me thinks she will lose this round 😆

midlifecrashes

Pretty sure I have more coats than your wife.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I find these things ideal for storing clothing, seasonal and non.

brakes
    Free Member

sounds like you need to get some moths involved to cull that collection of coats.

br
    Free Member

My partner has 11 coats and 16 scarves hanging up behind the front door. Can anyone beat that?

When I built a Tack Room for my wife and she finally had somewhere to put all her (horse) riding gear, we counted 20 Gillet’s of varying ages/conditions etc. Along with multiple everything else you could imagine.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Gary M – lovely and tidy even if a little spartan in the choice of garments and colours for my liking. Do you wear male shirts with ladies trousers/shoes a lot?

Based on responses plus quick poll of friends or seems I’m right, hurrah. Hence I’ve spent the last hour putting up the extra coat hooks she wanted. It was that or an extension to the bedroom to make extra wardrobe space.

andyfla
    Free Member

You need the 3 monthly clean out – I put everything back in the cupboards every 3 months or so and then let the Fla Family gradually fill the space up again – works well here

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife has a selection of “summer scarves”- what the blinking flip?

She can’t top your wife for coats, I can only (!) think of ten. But scarves will be about the same.

thepurist

Burn them all, then she has the chance to buy one new coat that’ll go with everything else, rather than having to choose between several that aren’t quite right. She’ll thank you for it… Eventually

dingabell
    Free Member

Add handbags to the list and I’d be a winner.

matt_outandabout

My wife has very few coats, or scarves, or shoes. However, she comes canoeing, biking and hillwalking.
    I win…. 8)

deepreddave
    Free Member

dingabell – Member
    Add handbags to the list and I’d be a winner

She has a few of those too but they’re not multiplying like tribbles in the vestibule. Yet.

tinribz
    Free Member

Had a clear out recently down to bare min, can’t beat your Mrs;

Fleece – Going to the shop when it’s chilly.
    Barbour – Round town looks like rain
    Thin breathable – Summer lunchtime walk
    Parker – It’s snowing
    Gortex – gone off the colour but nowt wrong with it.
    Bike – Summer commute
    Bike – Winter commute
    Bike – Weekend cold
    Bike – Weekend warm
    Jogging – there’s a nip in the air

Still feel there is a Mammut or Marmot missing from my life.

jamj1974

Erm…. Seem to have more than your wife OP as well as more than my own wife…

bigrich

as someone with a bike and trainer habit, I just keep my head down.

rickmeister

The curse of ms rickmeisters wardrobes seems to be cycles tops, shorts, helmets and backpacks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Female top trumps for coats, shoes and scarves….’ is closed to new replies.