Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Female "Sexual Predator" Teacher.
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-33252378

Am I alone in thinking this shouldn’t even have gone to court?

Surely the resources involved in prosecuting and imprisoning her could have been spent protecting someone from something a bit more serious.

Victim: “I thought it was great”. Says it all.

nemesis
    Free Member

Troll, ignorant or didn’t read the full article?

The younger victim said: “As a kid I thought it was great what was happening, but now I see it for what it was – wrong.”
    The other said he had since realised he had been a “victim of sexual exploitation”.
    “I feel a sense of shame that I allowed myself to be in that position,” he said.

That girl who went off to France with the teacher did so willingly. Should he have been let off?

neilthewheel

Apalling breach of trust.

PJM1974
    Free Member

She was a teacher in a position of trust, which she abused.

How would you feel if she’d taught your son, or daughter? Or if the teacher in question was male and had taken advantage of consenting male pupils?

ads678

OP – would you say the same if it was a male teacher having sex with under age girls?

Edit: beaten to it.

sas78

Put this in the opposite perspective – male teacher and young female, not so great now then, huh.

The victim, “thought it was great, AT THE TIME – realising now it was wrong”.

She’s a predator, end of thread.

andyl
    Free Member

If you are going to quote, at least quote all of it:

The younger victim said: “As a kid I thought it was great what was happening, but now I see it for what it was – wrong.”
    The other said he had since realised he had been a “victim of sexual exploitation”.
    “I feel a sense of shame that I allowed myself to be in that position,” he said.

She was a teacher who had sex with young pupils, not 17/18 year olds who were already sexually active which still would have been wrong. What else should they have done? Let her get away with it?

edlong
    Free Member

Dunno if you’re alone in thinking it, but it certainly wasn’t something that crossed my mind when I read about it.

Not sure which aspect of adults abusing their position of trust and authority to sexually exploit children you think isn’t worthy of prosecution though?

chakaping
    Free Member

OP – if you want to understand the subject better I’d recommend listening to some of the File On 4 reports on the subject.

This one may even cover her, IIRC…
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04grs67

matt_outandabout

Apalling breach of trust.

growinglad
    Free Member

Appalling….

She’s a proper minger.

…..Now, my old French teacher…..ohhhh what I would have given 😉

Joking aside, completely wrong, If it had been the other way around with Female students we’d be up in arms. Wrong plain and simple.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wrong and breach of trust, again ^^^ my old german teacher….

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

OP This is very worrying! It might lead one to infer that if you were in such a position with a ‘consenting’ minor, you would think it was OK.

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lvTCPaY3qF4[/video]

outofbreath
    Free Member

P – would you say the same if it was a male teacher having sex with under age girls?

If the circumstances were similar (ie Victim had a great time kept going back for more, didn’t report it.) then yes.

I fully accept the breach of trust issue and clearly this woman shouldn’t have been teaching.

But nine years inside and a trial seems a bit steep to me.

Just sack her and forget about it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Adults sexually abusing children getting the jail? I’m ok with that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If the circumstances were similar (ie Victim had a great time kept going back for more, didn’t report it.) then yes.

So long as you can trick them into thinking they enjoy it and it’s great you can do what you want? Read what they said after the event.

bigjim

I still dream of my old English teacher <3

Cougar

Funny, isn’t it.

A male teacher grooms teenage girls and pretty much the universal reaction is to be horrified. Yet a female teacher grooms teenage boys and there’s an element at least initially of “go on lad, got to shag the teacher.” We’re an odd society.

But, yeah. It’s certainly an abuse of power. Teachers shouldn’t really be dating their students even if those students are of University age; they’re still vulnerable to being blinded by the elevated status. Reverse the genders and it’s basically the same M.O. as Savile, preying on vulnerable young people using the glamour of status.

Two people falling in love I can understand, that does happen in sometimes unfortunate circumstances. But that’s not what happened here, she’s just shagging her way through her high school students.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Would not bang, jail term seems right.

Cougar

Oh, and for a STW Bingo Brucie Bonus, did we spot what subject she taught?

crankboy
    Free Member

“But nine years inside and a trial seems a bit steep to me.”

The trial was essential to establish we could be sure she was guilty she had denied the allegations.
    Grooming
    Full penetrative sex with a child
    taking of virginity
    campaign of many offences over years
    two victims
    abuse of significant personal and public trust
    no remorse
    9 years seems about right.
    “Oh, and for a STW Bingo Brucie Bonus, did we spot what subject she taught?” I did lets not go there.

natrix
    Free Member

“Oh, and for a STW Bingo Brucie Bonus, did we spot what subject she taught?

RE!!! 😀

lets not go there

Spoilsport, these religious types are the worst………

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I thought as long as they were boys and approx 14 it wasn’t rape if you were a god lover?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Funny, isn’t it.

A male teacher grooms teenage girls and pretty much the universal reaction is to be horrified. Yet a female teacher grooms teenage boys and there’s an element at least initially of “go on lad, got to shag the teacher.” We’re an odd society.

It is, but I think it might be due to the historical view that sex was something to be enjoyed by men and endured by women, as in that guide some posted here in a different thread.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On a point of order…
    Teaching RE is/should be about teaching/understanding religion in the same way as history and geography. Not the same is indoctrination. Though back then thats what it was.

kimbers

outofbreath – Member

nope im sure there are loads of paedophiles who wholeheartedly agree with you

Cougar

Teaching RE is/should be about teaching/understanding religion in the same way as history and geography.

It should be, yes.

Anyway, I wasn’t going anywhere with that, it just amused me in the context of STW. I don’t want to derail the thread with yet another religion debate, it’s irrelevant to the story.

Xylene
    Free Member

I worked under her.

I have wanted to post about this for a long time, but didn’t feel it was appropriate. I had an inside line to it all for a considerable time before any annoucnments were made on why she was suspended.

The news articles never mention the two school’s are in special measures now. I have so many bad stories about the place and it’s practices.

There are people who are delighted she is banged up because she was a total twunt to everybody. The council is happy too, as they can sweep a rather large defecit for the schools under the carpet now and pretend it didn’t happen.

Suspended for 2 1/2 years on 100k+

ads678

100k+ you’d think she could have smartened her self up a bit………..

murf
    Free Member

“She had been a national leader in education, lauded for improving pupils’ exam performance.”

Her teaching methods must have worked then!
    To quote EVH, “I think of all the education that I missed, but then my homework was never quite like this…”

Xylene
    Free Member

^

It wasn’t the teaching methods that got the grades up in the school.

edlong
    Free Member

It wasn’t the teaching methods that got the grades up in the school.

Oh, now this looks interesting, tell us more…

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

If the was a daughter of mine I’d be furious if it were my son, beers and a bbq. Yes that is double standards but we are not equal and not the same. I’d have given my left nut to have banged a hot teacher in school and I’m pretty damn sure I would still feel good about it today.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d have given my left nut to have banged a hot teacher

Not my cup of tea, but as she’s obviously yours, why not ask her? You might get lucky.

muggomagic

I’d have given my left nut to have banged a hot teacher in school and I’m pretty damn sure I would still feel good about it today.

What about if you were seduced by a not so hot teacher?

Are you really saying that if your 13/14 year old son had told you that he was having sex with one of his teachers that you would have celebrated this?
    Whether you personally would have like to have had sex with one of your teachers, as a parent you can surely see this is totally wrong and is abuse.

Sandwich

OP your moral compass needs a service or recalibrating as it is currently not indicating magnetic North correctly.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes that is double standards but we are not equal and not the same.

Can you expand a little on this?

project
    Free Member

When we where kids there where always teachers who had a reputation for being to freindly with the male and female kids, if caught it was usually covered up, teachers or kids moved, now big compo money can be made by resurecting past encounters.

But it wasnt then and isnt now acceptable to use a power of trust over kids, you want a relationship try a dating site.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can you expand a little on this?

Oh please spare us.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Female "Sexual Predator" Teacher.’ is closed to new replies.