• This topic has 55 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Female Advice Please
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I ducked a difficult conversation the other day, and would appreciate some help from the ladies on the correct way of dealing with the situation should it arise again.

Playing a silly sport with (among others) a very, very good looking girl of about 25-27ish. She had rocked up in teeny shorts and a fitted polo shirt. Looks lovely, absolutely flawless. She also plays rather well. The umpire accused her (largely in jest) of being waay too young to be a member of the profession from which the team was drawn. He suggested she was in her teens.

She noted that a lot of people mistake her for being much younger than she is when she does sport, and she didn’t seem to like it.

Now, my bloke response-formulator initially produced:

“No, I’d say you look your age”

I’m not stupid, there was no way that was going to come out of my mouth at audible volume, and besides it wasn’t true. The next possibility was:

“Perhaps if you wore some shorts that gave the impression that you were at least vaguely paranoid about the possibility that you might have a wobbly bum and some cellulite people would assume you were older”

I’m sceptical this is an improvement, and it sounds a bit leery.

What, please, is the correct way of telling a woman that she doesn’t look ridiculously young?

Thanks for your assistance. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What, please, is the correct way of telling a woman that she doesn’t look ridiculously young?

Thanks for your assistance.

How about

Nice baps, pet. Now, your face or mine?

mrsflash
    Free Member

just keep quiet, it’s a lose/lose situation 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

being waay too young to be a member of the profession

too right. most hookers look way over 40! 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

“You is hot totty babe innit?” always seems to work for me :o)

theflatboy
    Free Member

the correct response can only be determined by referring to a picture of the lady in question.

nickc

You won’t be able to say anything that won’t sound forced, trite, or condescending. Keep schtumm.

sharki
    Free Member

Indeed you look very young, but from the whistle in the wind i can tell your in your 20’s

tankslapper
    Free Member

Tell her she looks just right……

(slightly alluring with a hint of the unknown)

And get some pics up here fast before my hand falls asleep 😆

bigsi
    Free Member

I think the phrase is

Bunnyhop

Oooh I wish I looked younger than my age.
    As mrs flash said. Keep quiet!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I fear mrsflash is correct. 🙂

You are so not getting a picture. Even if I had one. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

mrsflash
    Free Member

You could always point out to her that when she gets to my advanced years she will be hugely grateful for being thought to be 10 years younger than she is. It happened to me at Christmas and I didn’t stop talking about it for weeks 😀

domino

Best not to say anything, people always assume I am much younger than I am and I don’t really like it. I know, people will always say, wait til you get older, you will still look young…but that comment just irritates me.

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol, sorry domino (am I allowed to ask how old you are?). It’s true though, my dad is 75 and doesn’t look much over 60 and he does enjoy telling people his age.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s only the very young who take offence at being thought younger than they are.

So, she must be a nipper despite her protests! Simple.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Say: “Its great to have some milf around”

Pook

how’d you do in the lee quarry race domino?

chewkw
    Free Member

Tell her to bring her passport next time.

😆

p/s: Pics please!

MrAgreeable

I haven’t read this thread, but if you’re having problems with your wife, try putting her near a radiator to soften her up slightly.

Bunnyhop

domino, you really will like it when you’re over 40, in this world we live in ,where looks seem to matter more than personality, or the ability to string tow sentences together.

Oh no I’ve got too serious and after all it’s Friday.

taka
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member
    I fear mrsflash is correct.

You are so not getting a picture. Even if I had one. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

for your alone time :mrgreen: “sniggle”

MountainMutant
    Free Member

domino

LOL I’m 30 – I think its my blondeness and freckles that make me look younger.

Most of the time its blokes at work who speak to me as if I am some fresh graduate but I am getting better at dealing with the slippery toads.

@Pook – I ended up only racing in one of the 4 races, was second in the Have-a-Go Ladies (could go into more about the lack of other racers but I was still second) 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Thanks Mrsflash, domino and Bunnyhop. 🙂

And no thanks at all to the rest of you. Sleazebags. 😉

aP
    Free Member

More importantly – what is the “silly sport”, just so that we can picture it 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

Softball. Seriously.

aP
    Free Member

Nods, sagely.
    “Nice action”

MrAgreeable

I’ve actually read this nonsense now. I would have suggested that she allay any concerns she might have over being thought of as young by drawing some crow’s feet found her eyes with magic marker. Or growing a beard.

IanMunro
    Free Member

How about “I’m no nonce, but you look hot”

jova54
    Free Member

I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Shame you couldn’t do that 2 weeks ago on the underground! 😀 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Am I the only one thinking of Michael Hordern in Up Pompeii?

“How DOES he do that?”

tinker-belle
    Free Member

As the girls have said keep quiet and you won’t come across looking like a letch!

I’m with Mrs Flash – had someone ID me in the shops and I was so happy I hugged her – at 30 and being someone who always has looked older than she is ( A blessing in your teens a curse in later life) it’s a very rare occasion.

Was accused of looking 40 when I turned 30!

Olly
    Free Member

please

miketually
    Free Member

telephoto lens?

It involves a)a woman and b)her age. Say nowt.

miketually
    Free Member

My mum is often mistaken for being younger than her age and she absolutely loves it.

Her favourite at the moment is when she mentions my sister graduated recently or just moved in with her boyfriend. The other person will tell her she doesn’t look old enough to have a 22-year-old daughter, and she’ll respond that she has a 32-year-old son and two grandkids.

I’ve always looked older than I am, so we were often mistaken for brother and sister.

mrsflash
    Free Member

It’s like the old bum look big in this question, there is no right answer.

miketually
    Free Member

Oooh I wish I looked younger than my age.

You mean you’re not 24 bunnyhop?

ourmaninthenorth

Softball. Seriously.

The revenge of all those lawyers who preferred to stay inside for extra maths than go and play rugger with the rough boys.

nickc

Alternatively, before the next match, get really really out of your mind on whichever is your drug of choice, and blurt out the first thing that comes into your head…It’ll be fine, probably…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Female Advice Please’ is closed to new replies.