Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Felt Redemption frame with DHX 5 Air – would you?
  • drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

I've got the opportunity to buy a brand new Felt redemption frame with DHX 5 Air for a silly price which is almost too good to turn down. This will need to be my do it all bike but as I prefer more AM riding that's not a problem. I'm slightly unsure about the geometry (perhaps too stepp and twitchy) and the reviews haven't been great.

Anyone got first hand experience and offer any insight?

mildred

The only bad reviews on this frame/bike I've seen are more component based and not frame based (i.e. narrow bars and rims on a bike obviously built to take some hammer). MTBR readers seem to rate it:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn-full-suspension/felt/redemption/PRD_415330_1547crx.aspx

drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

mildred,

Yeah, seen those just wondered if anyone else had got some first hand experience.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    will
    Free Member

Yup.

Been riding one for past 2 years, I love mine, very very capable and superb suspension design and travel. I can ride down stuff at speeds which I didn;t think were possible! If it's a good price i'd buy it!

Having said the above, i'm thinking of selling the whole bike now 🙁 after two years of good service my riding is just too XC/racing now that I don;t ride it enough!

drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

I did!

Built the frame up with the help of the lovely folks at Evans Deansgate and took it for a blast on Tuesday. I have to say it's a great bike, handling is spot on, equilink thingy seems to have a noticable effect. Dhx air 5 is leaking air but when good it was a stable platform. Gives you a real feeling of confidence.

If you get the chance do it.

There's a reason Felt bikes can be found cheap almost anywhere you look.

Doug
    Free Member

Keep an eye on that equilink thingy. They have been known to bend easily although it could have been a bad batch.

HansRey

if you look at mtbr, you may as well read you tea leaves too and go check the results with Mystic Meg.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

i had a day on one a while back and i was amazed a bike with that much travel could climb so well. we sell them and so far i have only had to get into the guts of one full-sus model and that was because the customer had been in there first for a "look"! i think there going cheap because peole dont know the brand not because there bad. and you can do this on them http://thesensus.com/felt-compulsion-me/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Felt Redemption frame with DHX 5 Air – would you?’ is closed to new replies.