Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Fell off bad stylee
  • jamj1974

Holy shit dude! Heal fast! Take care!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And this is why I got one of these 😛

wordnumb
    Free Member

Was it done attempting something gnarly or not paying attention riding the simple?
    Heal fast.

Not too gnarly, but fast and a bit technical. Not sure which bit it happened on, but have an idea. Was trying to re-take a KOM!

Had a bell super 2r, but sold it as it was too big. Will be getting another one now!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

mips one has a slightly smaller fit.

Had a MIPS in large and tried a MIPS medium which was a much better fit for me

woody21
    Free Member

Was the off on Stanton Moor?

ton

heal well and quick mate. and slow down a bit….. 😀

soulwood
    Free Member

Does your bike need exercising in your absence…

stewartc
    Free Member

Managed to crack my MIPS Super 2R last week, it did its job, sadly it wasn’t covering my shoulder…

Best wishes with the healing.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m starting to feel less of a dick wearing the Super 2R on trails these days, seeing more and more people wearing them

😀

I wear mine mostly because I look less of a mushroom headed cockwomble that I do with a half lif, when wearing goggles. I find my lenses dry out too much even with extended coverage glasses.

I might have gone for the MET but I like the flexibility of the detachable chin bar, it can get just a little too hot to use it for climbing during the summer.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Might be something in buying the MET though if you’re riding rolling terrain where you may not like taking the chinbar on and off, as its better cooled with the chinbar on around the face. The safest helmet is the one you will wear etc.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Thank goodness it hasn’t ruined your devilishly handsome good looks
    (You iz well pretty :oops:)

If you need your pillows fluffing, giving me a shout (i’m not a weirdo…honest)

Was the off on Stanton Moor?

Yes, it was woody – how do you know?

*Blushes at mrsfry, but I think Mrs STR might be less than amused 😉

woody21
    Free Member

I think your other half posted something on Facebook (I live near Bakewell) – you were in a bad way from what she said.Glad that you’re on the mend

Found the crash site

Front wheel hit the rock at the bottom and bars dug in where the top circle is. I’m guessing my front wheel hit the big rock (thankfully, otherwise it would have been my face), pitched me forward and my head hit the small rock adjacent the bar mark

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H6wkyp]2016-06-10_03-48-49[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HSzaU7]2016-06-10_03-47-45[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HAQyV1]2016-06-10_03-48-24[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

From the other side

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H6pVnm]2016-06-10_03-46-42[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

enfht
    Free Member

You’d have thought the big red circles would have made the rocks easier to see… was it a night ride?

senorj

I like your style. CSI tastic.
    When I impaled myself on a tree, I revisited the scene of the crime too.
    I still have the branch in the shed!

You’d have thought the big red circles would have made the rocks easier to see

I was drawn to them…

stayce88
    Free Member

I second the baby food comment, its tasty so are biscuits soaked in milk! Drinking through a straw is easier than trying to drink normally too.
    I broke my jaw and collarbone in a crash 2 years ago took about 6 weeks to get moving again
    Best of luck with the healing

fifeandy
    Free Member

Stupid question maybe, but how does such a small rock throw you off something as capable as a Capra?

And from your picture up the trail the other way, how did you get off line in the first place?

How long until you ate allowed to ride again?

Stupid question maybe, but how does such a small rock throw you off something as capable as a Capra?

And from your picture up the trail the other way, how did you get off line in the first place?

How long until you ate allowed to ride again?

I’m only guessing that’s what happened, as I can’t remember a thing, but my Strava ends there and the visual evidence seems to tie in.

It’s a slightly sloping greasy rock and I was absolutely pinning it – had KOM down there, but now 4th a couple of seconds behind, so was going for it.

You come in as per the red line, turn for the drop and in the bottom of the drop (that you roll) is a nadgery rock where the arrow is, so quite easy to get knocked off line – another mate has come off in exactly the same place before. I’d just nailed a KOM on a previous segment, so was probably buzzing/being cocky/riding beyond my ability. I was doing around 25mph according to Strava when I stopped.

Healing time is 6 weeks, but I’ll be out taking it easy before that

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HTbsJE]2016-06-10_11-21-42[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

fifeandy
    Free Member

Yeah, 25mph would do it, dont have long to make small corrections at that speed!

Morale of the story is don’t chase Strava segmemts (says the guy who came off at 20mph chasing an uphill segment 😳 )

#StravaIsEvil

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Fell off bad stylee’ is closed to new replies.