Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Feeling unmotivated/lack motivation
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Feeling unmotivated/lack motivation been like this for a few months, good job nice family life…just cant seem to shake this feeling.

I would describe it as happy on the outside lots of peedoffness on the inside !

I’m sure it will pass…

Any suggestions gladly excepted

NB Nothing to do with it being Christmas as I don’t celebrate it so its not a seasonal thing.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

hate to say, but some regular excercise is a good thing for me. i struggle to make myself do it, but i feel so much better when i do.

some vitD is also helping, and i’ll get shot for this because someone always has to pick a fight on stw, but some short sessions on a sunbed has really helped me this winter.

weeksy

It is Winter though.

Is there anything or anyone in particular that’s troubling you ?

Even something small….

scaled
    Free Member

Get injured – Guilt free sitting on your arse 😀

mactheknife

I need to get out the house loads over the winter or i am like a caged bear. I suffer mildly from SAD. Its absolutely amazing how a sunny can affect my mood.

during the winter when i dont get on the bike much i will take a walk to the gym, afterwards take the long route home. I dont care what the weather is, just being outside just sorts my head out a bit.

Also try changing some of your routines a bit.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I think routine is the problem and lack of excercise…

patriotpro
    Free Member

gavtheoldskater – Member
    hate to say, but some regular excercise is a good thing for me. i struggle to make myself do it, but i feel so much better when i do.

You hate to say it, for why… It’s old scientific knowledge that it works so good advice.

willard

Go for a run. Running is good for just about everything that ails you.

cuberidersue
    Free Member

yeah I have the same problem, with feeling unmotivated and pissed off inside, I am sure its the short days, the rain and cold, weight training helps

DezB
    Free Member

Running is good for just about everything that ails you.

Apart from bad knees

Been there, lots of factors caused it – including a crap boss. Feel like I’m coming out the other side now. Talking to people helped. (This doesn’t count as talking to people btw)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I suffer mildly from SAD. Its absolutely amazing how a sunny can affect my mood.

that’s the vitamin D – apparently our RDA’s in the UK are too low – Canada has it right.

brooess
    Free Member

Seasonal I reckon.
    It’s great being out on a sunny day, and come summer you’re usually as fit/flowy as you get and get a buzz from feeling strong. Put the two together and you’d struggle to be down about it.
    Winter: grey skies, mud and rain, legs not delivering like they did a few months ago.

My tip – just push yourself to get out or just do more stuff that makes you feel happy…

My advice, don’t just expect it to pass, get to grips with it so it doesn’t get any deeper.
    I’ve kind of assumed you mean demotivated about riding but if it’s more than that maybe a chat with your GP? Although given exercise is increasingly recommended to help with low mood, riding more may be as good a solution as anything else 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

Try and bottom out what’s causing the peedoffness. And be honest. There must be a reason (or two).

As previous poster’s have referred to, regular exercise is something I ‘need’ otherwise I get restless, then fed up, then unmotivated and then unimportant things start annoying me and I get impatient with stuff.

At this time of year when time out on the bike is minimal I usually do regular weights routines, maybe a bit of running.

I have learnt that a routine of sorts is necessary for me.

EDIT: also, personally I find using winter as a change from biking is a good idea.. I cycle most days for most of the year what with commuting, and I definitely benefit from a couple of months of doing something non-bike related.

cinnamon_girl

Another recommendation for vit D, I take 5,000iu daily and it’s pretty cheap to buy.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Just looking at the container of cod-liver oil capsules on my desk at and it contains 100% RDA of VitD…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

100% RDA of VitD…

whose RDA though , the UK’s is suppossed to be too low – the US is higher and Canada is higher again (3x ours).

Apparently the Canadian number looks more correct as it is the level that your body would regulate at if exposed to lots of sunlight.

+70% of the bodies tissues have vit D receptors I think – read “The Health Delusion” for more info:

This report on vitamin D deficiency:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120110102058.htm

says that the ideal would be to maintain blood levels above 30 ng/ml – 30 is the Canadian RDA, ours is 10 ng/ml.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nothing to do with it being Christmas as I don’t celebrate it

I expect that’s the reason.

speshspenner
    Free Member

I feel pretty much the same this time of year, lacking motavation & enthusiasm, although mines more frustration than peedoffness, I’ve got 3 bikes in the garage and can’t be arsed to ride any. To cold ,to wet ,to windy, got to clean my kit afterwards, I use all these excuses not to go out. Once I’m out it’s great but it’s a big hurdle to get over. I work 12hr shifts so go days without seeing day light!. In the summer I cycle in to work and love it.
    Might try the vitD, see if it works.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

just back from getting some vitamins and have a few days off heading for the hills in the morning

paulwatts
    Free Member

Hope your self-medication works.

I guess you have expelled the notion of depression?
    If you have sleep problems and those around you are being affected, you may need some support.
    Not woosie cos almost half of us can have these problems.
    Talk to those who know you. Has your mood changed? Are you bad tempered?

If you can’t see a way out, go to the Doc. That in itself could help.

Obviously good diet and exercise will help, but the brain may trying to tell you something.
    It’s good you have recognised your mood is off at present and started to ‘talk’ about it.
    Keep in touch.
    If you don’t REALLY laugh eat least once every day, you should ask why.

Best of luck!

globalti
    Free Member

Get a road bike. The endorphin high will kick start your love of life.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I dont expect the vitamins to do anything !

I have finished 2 years of psychodynamic-counselling which was great (recommend it to one and all !)

Life is a complicated structured affair !

Rockape63
    Free Member

Maybe you’re not getting enough sex?

That’s not a joke btw!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I’ll ask the boss for more !

patriotpro
    Free Member

whose RDA though

Dunno, just took it upon their word…

That along with the naturally occurring content in food and possibly some A-Zs will be enough to make a difference – IF that’s even a factor for the OP.

As a cyclist the cod liver oil has other benefits too I believe.

Hope you get your mojo back soon OP.

HermanShake
    Free Member

A lack of challenge? Try something that scares the HP out of you or something you really want to do but don’t for one reason or another. I feel similar to how you’ve described when I don’t feel in control and things seem to be coasting along on a clearly determined path. It’s good to feel in agreement with your life and that decisions/consequence have value. It’s important that we succeed at the things we value and have something to work towards in one sense or another.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Feeling unmotivated/lack motivation’ is closed to new replies.