Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Feeling the burn…..
  • Currently on the island of Ibiza and having a fantastic time.

However – despite getting a reasonable base tan before we left the UK and liberally adopting factor 30 many times including ‘once a day’ and waterproof – both Riemann P20 and Piz Buin, all 3 of us are a bit pink – daughter being the worst. Bar head to toe clothing, what’s the best protection?

mogrim

Staying in the shade, the local bar (chiringuito) is ideal.

mogrim

OK, a serious answer: there’s probably a Decathlon nearby, they sell t-shirts for swimming, ideal for kids particularly. I use one when I go diving, the sitting around on the boat going to/from the dive site would be a killer otherwise.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More sun cream & clothes, sit in the shade?
    Rash vests for swimming, SPF factor clothing and a good hat, chuck in some quality sunnies too.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uy6_csWyYL4[/video]

kayak23

Not sure you are supposed to apply anything over the likes of P20 etc, as it may have an adverse effect…
    But hey, I’m not a Doctor…

molgrips
    Free Member

Wear a loose shirt instead of going bear skinned.

Anyone over the age of six months should use a sunscreen daily. Even those who work inside are exposed to ultraviolet radiation for brief periods throughout the day, especially if they work near windows, which generally filter out UVB but not UVA rays.

Whoah.. they’ve got to be having a laugh. You have to wear sunscreen even if you are inside most of the day? FFS, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously if you say stuff like that.

growinglad
    Free Member

Rash tops….time and time again….only after 17:00 if the sun has died down a bit take it off and use a bit of Sun cream

Also, from 12:00 until 14:00, go and have a long lunch and perhaps a sleep.

I spent 10 years in Greece, other half is a bubble so learnt from the locals….most of the locals will have buggered off around lunch time and will come back later in the day.

I’m quite dark for an Anglo Saxon skin wise and tan well, but only early in the morning or late after noon, during the day, rash top and hat.

Have quality sunnies, have hats, couldn’t possibly wear any more suncream – looks like clothes it is!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t forget the shade too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah – when are you getting burned? Are you sat on a beach all day? If so, invest in some good quality shade, I use a tarp.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Deffo keep in the shade and wear clothing, loose fitting clothing.

You’ve gone pink, proper burn is only another hour or so away and that will ruin your hollibobs,

What’s a day in the shade when it keeps you from looking like a lobster?

Find something else to do, museums, galleries etc..

wwaswas

Yeah – when are you getting burned?

*sniggers*

stw in doing that r and n together looking line an m thing.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Time to do what the teenagers on the white isle do: sleep through the day and have it large at night. Ditch the missus and kid, head to Space for some Carl Cox.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Feeling the burn…..’ is closed to new replies.