Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Feeling smug
  • rOcKeTdOg

Feeling totally smug I was out the house at 0645 riding & got home just as rain started. Now sat in café with bacon sarnie, coffee & achy legs 8)

crossland
    Free Member

Lucky you, just got back from running 11 miles, and was drier in the shower than running. Got a hilly 50 miles on the roadbike in the sun yesterday pm though

cynic-al
    Free Member

Early runs/rides are great, lovely to get back and still have the day ahead.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    drofluf
    Free Member

Yup, got a ride in and walked the dog before the rain. This afternoon I shall mostly be building an ark.

Bregante

I was all geared up for an early one this morning until I buggered my back up by crashing my boys bike on the BMX track yesterday. Needed help getting my socks on this morning… 🙄

milky1980
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Early runs/rides are great, lovely to get back and still have the day ahead.

Almost feels like a free ride when you manage it!

Managed to get down the Gower early yesterday, do a quick 25 miles and be driving home as the whole of South Wales decided to go to the beach 😀

martinhutch

Nearly managed it. Did manage to destroy my tyre on the first descent and take a tumble a few miles in though, resulting in a long, painful trudge back towards town. Sitting here with antiseptic wipes, ice and ibuprofen rather than rocketdog’s bacon buttie.

Many thanks to the chap who saw me limping along and gave me an innertube though. I do normally take all the gear, but this was only a quick ride etc etc 😳

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yes,
    Thought I would do a spot of Three Peaks training at 7 this morning.
    Was thinking the worst then got home showered and bacon sarnie.
    Then the rain started!
    Maybe it should have started earlier?
    Would have been proper training!
    Ha ha!

Drac

Dog walk with the family, well minus one as she’s in Switzerland, sun was shining we had an ice cream in town and now back home. Feel very smug as it’s still sunny. 😀

binners

I had various dull but necessary things to do this morning. So when I was delivering stuff, finishing off design work for people, picking shopping up, and all the other not-out-on-my-bike paraphernalia, it was gloriously sunny. I’m just off to pick a friend up from the station as the plan was to head into the hills for the afternoon. Looks like its going to be a wet one. Its lashing down!!! Bloody typical! 🙁

stevedoc
    Free Member

Fell lucky as well , did my ride yesterday in the glorious Yorkshire sun ,leaving this morning free to mow the back garden and trim hedges ,just managed last pile of clippings into recycle bin then the heavens opened.

Pot of tea + apple pie and F1 + tinterweb for a lazy afternoon

cheekyget
    Free Member

Well I started at 07:30 it started to pee down at 08:30 and I got home at 11:30 soaked ,cold and I had to fix a puncture ….which I’m sure I’m going to have to do again as the tyre kept on collecting water during the fix….only nutters like the rain….lol

maxray
    Free Member

Yup, I sneaked round Cannock early doors and only saw one other biker as I was driving home. Had the trails to myself and the best weather of the day as its been raining since I got home. 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

8.30 start, back just after 11 as the rain started with a brisk 42 miles in the bag.

Forecast varying between damp and wet for the next couple of days, got some indoor jobs to keep me going….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Think that there nibbles was feeling smug after launching when Froome was stopping, not as smug today.

Karma….. If your lucky it will only bite you in the arse

drover
    Free Member

Wet as an otters pocket, started to rain as we set off this morning continued for the four hours we where out…

binners

Well that was…. Wet! Very very wet.

slordy
    Free Member

Same here up at gisburn just after 6am, 16 mile ride round not a soul on the trails, just on lad setting off as i got back to van. felt like my own private trail centre and home for 8.30, though spending rest of day trying to convincing the wife we wont get shot or blown up when we go to Turkey in 2 weeks.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Up at 08.30, leisurely cup of coffee, wash up, hang washing out, put bike on stand & clean/sort transmission with more coffee (all in sunshine) pick some peas & beans to go with dinner, sort some fishing gear out, have another coffee, RACE LIKE A NUTTER TO GET WASHING IN before the deluge, cup of tea & 2 Ringtons Ginger Snaps.
    Still raining.

trying to convincing the wife we wont get shot or blown up when we go to Turkey in 2 weeks.

Better you than me. Wish you were here.

Sandwich

Reduced to riding road as all the MTBs are broken. Did 100 miles with under 6 hours moving time. Plus best ever hour, 50 km, 50 miles and 100km on Endomondo. I am completely done.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Feeling smug’ is closed to new replies.