Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Feeling pretty chuffed right now!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Following this thread
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-in-kent-had-a-bianchi-stolen#post-8289005

I’ve just personally handed said £7000 Bianchi back to the owners driver, who knows the bike well.

I’m not gonna lie, I fell great right now. If there’s one thing I detest it’s people nicking stuff, so, for me, that’s proper job satisfaction right there.
    Beer tonight for me. 🙂

willard

*high five*

Good work PP, I’d say that you easily earned that beer.

jekkyl

the owner’s driver? like rich enough to employ a driver?

jamesy01
    Free Member

The owner sent his driver 😀

C’mon, which forum poster is the owner?…

martinhutch

Flashy to the forum!

sandwicheater

[/url]Seal of approval by Phillip Dalton, on Flickr[/img]

scuttler

If the owner’s driver collected the owner’s £7k bike I hope you’re not paying for the well earned beer tonight.

Well earned all the same!

SaxonRider

the owner’s driver? like rich enough to employ a driver?

Didn’t the OP originally say that the bike had a Campy Super Record groupset?

Of course he has a driver!

nickc

good work!!

8)

dougieb
    Free Member

Good work. Anything for the police to go on re the actual theft ?

spawnofyorkshire

Well done PP

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good work. Anything for the police to go on re the actual theft ?

They’ve got CCTV and it’s a known gang who operate on scooters in Central London. Nicking phones is their usual MO, but anything and everything of value too. Apparently they’re a bit quick and hard to catch.
    This was taken from a secure car park, one ducked in when someone left.
    I don’t even feel sorry for the bloke that brought it in. I’m pretty sure he know it was hot.

Andy

Well done Pete

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And LWB 7 series BMW, blacked out, natch.
    He picks him up from the airport, gets the bike out, boss cycles to work, he takes the luggage separately.*

Apparently he’s done a load of Le Tour stages, Mt Ventoux etc. Serious cyclist by the sound of it.

*Yeah. I would if I could. So would you. 🙂

jca

Surely it has to be a tandem if you have a driver…

chakaping
    Free Member

Good work.

How much did the buyer pay, you know?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He reckons £2k. I don’t believe that, I think he exaggerated based on my guesstimated valur of £5k.

lustyd
    Free Member

It blows my mind that there isn’t a simple database where a buyer can check a frame number, or an owner report a theft. It’s impossible to be certain when buying second hand bikes 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

He reckons £2k. I don’t believe that, I think he exaggerated based on my guesstimated valur of £5k.

Did he come in for a valuation?

😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No. He came in for a service and it was immediately obvious that he had no clue at all what he was in possession of. It was too big for him, filthy, he didn’t know what he wanted us to do with it, and he grumbled about a £40 service. So I guestimated the cost of the bike in front of me at £5k+ and said I wouldn’t be ruining it so quickly if it was mine, or words to that effect.
    We booked it in and when I got to it later in the day my Spidey-Senses were still tingling so I called the shop number on the supplied by sticker and between the two of us we tracked the owner down.

oldnpastit

Nice detective work!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s not hard to spot those bikes. It’s just rare you can do anything about it. This is the second time I’ve got one back to its owner though.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that whilst expensive, SR is not really “paying a chauffeur” money!

Well done PP

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

LWB 7 series BMW, blacked out, natch.

I have a driver who takes me to and from Heathrow.

In a blacked out LWB 7 series BMW. 😳

I’d never ride Campag, though.

🙂

poolman
    Free Member

Well done thats brilliant. I did a good deed for someone 2 weeks ago and the following day was very lucky. I would buy a lottery ticket if i were you. Top result.

plus-one

Top work !!

I flagged up a possible stolen cotic few years ago and the owner eventually got it back 😀

Won’t make much of an impact in the theft of bikes but it’s a sweet feeling indeed !

bikebouy
    Free Member

Good work, let’s hope someone from that gang doesn’t come round and smack you one.

Stay safe.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good work, let’s hope someone from that gang doesn’t come round and smack you one.

The guy that brought it in didn’t steal it. I know that for a fact. We also have a correct phone number and a (probably) correct address. He’s very local to the shop, he’s avoiding eye contact with my colleagues when one of them saw him on the way to the shop. I think the Cops will be talking to him though.

midlifecrashes

Well done that man.

Keep ’em peeled!

user-removed
    Free Member

Not so much as a bottle of the good stuff from the owner though?!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cool, always a worry.

Good work.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Feeling pretty chuffed right now!’ is closed to new replies.