Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • feeling guilty when missing a ride?
  • ton

is it just me?
    i feel guilty when i have a day off, even tho i ride 6 days every week.

odd?

creamegg
    Free Member

Not guilty, no. I dont think of it as a chore but will feel left out if the rest are riding somewhere good or different and i cant make it due to other plans

bikebouy
    Free Member

#restday

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

I used to ,but a day doing nothing is a rare commodity and should be embraced when it comes along.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends, though if you feel guilty is it missing the pleasure or missing the obligation?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If i don’t do one of my regular days i feel bad same for going to the gym as well.

benji
    Free Member

I know where you are coming from, I was supposed to be racing today at Thetford, shortly before going to bed learnt a friend had died in a car crash, struggled sleeping, saw every hour, finally come to get up, banging headache, and no motivation, so didn’t do the 2 hr drive there, 4 hr race and 2hr drive back, didn’t think I would be safe on the road either. Might have a little pootle about later, but at the minute, really not feeling it. Probably feel I should have gone tomorrow, but it’s a hobby not an occupation, should be enjoyed.

badnewz
    Free Member

Mountain biking means FREEDOM. Freedom from routine, from work, from the family, from obligation, from everything really, including guilt. She’s a happy mistress who will always forgive you and let you have a ride no matter how long you’ve been away.

Xylene
    Free Member

Very much. I am working on improving my fitness as well as my general health.

I prmmised myself I would go for a ride everynight last week, got out on Saturday morning.

I feel like I am lying to myself, and I know that I will enjoy it, but by the time I leave work, the days are longer, so it is a bit safer, I just want to eat dinner, do some paperwork and go to bed.

Going to try again this week.

8kg to go to hit my current target weight of 100kg

Klunk
    Free Member

wish I’d missed it now, spent the second half of the ride feeling like puking. Not much better now, barf time 🙁

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I feel like I’m missing out when I’m not on a regular (weekly) ride.

Never felt guilt though. Mind you, I’ve never ridden to get or keep fit. It’s simply a positive side effect.

Houns

I’ve ridden once this year

oldgit
    Free Member

No not guilt, not anymore. 2015 marks forty years of being in and competing with clubs. A missed few hours out of four decades now just seems insignificant, plus I don’t have that need, motivation or drive any more.

rOcKeTdOg

Houns – Member
    I’ve ridden once this year

Beaten last year’s total already then!

butcher

Without the guilt it would be all too easy to not ride at all. Much easier to sit at home on the couch, right?

It’s easy to say it’s all about fun and freedom, but there’s always some motivating factors. And you’ll probably find those who ride the most are the ones that take them most seriously. Perfectly normal I’d say. I feel guilty all the time, because I’m a lazy ******.

stumpy01

If I have a ride planned that I don’t end up doing for whatever reason (late home due to traffic/having to stay late at work, mechanical, weather) I end up more annoyed than guilty.
    Quite often I get home and know I should do but can’t be bothered or feel too lazy and then I feel annoyed with myself later on that I didn’t just man up.

Hardly rode from Aug to Dec last year, so no fitness at the moment. Not long back from a 34 mile ride and feel pretty whacked.

scotroutes

Eh?

I ride because I want to. I also walk, ski, paddle and, hey, just chill.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Never felt guilty about not riding these days only go out for fun.Use to race for 12 odd years so had to train end of story.If you didn’t the results would not come.Now I have more bikes and have more fun on them.No need to feel guilty.

singlespeedstu

I don’t feel guilty for missing rides.
    I do feel like a **** when i can’t ride as fast or as far as i want to because i’ve missed rides though. 😐

dannyh
    Free Member

Not as extreme as feeling guilty, but if I do have a ‘think about getting up for a cold morning ride at the weekend, but pull the duvet up more instead’ day, more often than not I do regret not getting off my arse and going. I can easily count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have actually not enjoyed a ride, whereas nearly every time I wimp out of going I end up moping about the house.

My missus has actually started making me go out and ride because it makes me much brighter afterwards. Good girl.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘feeling guilty when missing a ride?’ is closed to new replies.