Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Feeling "deflated" after bike demo.
  • backhander
    Free Member

I've been lusting after a Blur LT2 since they came out and was fortunate to demo one recently. It was/is a good bike BUT didn't offer me anything over my Intense 5.5. maybe climbed slightly better but no where near it going down. Certainly not worth anywhere near the £1000+ it would cost me to "upgrade". I've decided to keep the 5.5 for a good while now but still feel a little empty that I have no bike pron to leer over. It's like finding out that chuck norris is actually no harder than your dad 🙁
    Anyone else been left cold by your dream bike? Is it that bad to be happy with what I've got?

MrNutt
    Free Member

you've been unfaithful to your long time partner, these feelings of guilt and self loathing are to be expected, you've got a lot of making up to do sunny jim! thomson finishing kit, NOW!

grumm
    Free Member

Life's tough – suck it up honeybunch. 😛

geoffj

It's like finding out that chuck norris is actually no harder than your dad

😆

marsdenman
    Free Member

Never meet you heroes / heroines – it only leads to disappointment……

or, looking another way – the 'failure' of the test has saved you over £1k – surley you can find something else to fritter that away on! 😀

backhander
    Free Member

She's already bejewelled in Thomson and has just been rebuilt after a trip to th epowdercoaters and new bearings. Just awaiting the custom graphics from Slik now. It's just occurred to me (duh) that this was done out of guilt! Just like flowers for the mrs after a trip to a t1tty bar!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

LA: "it's not about the bike"

a bike is a machine, it's what you do with it that counts

backhander
    Free Member

I know you're right Simon, but I'm a man and I like machines. Shiney machines.

Kramer
    Free Member

Not sure that you were ever going to notice a big difference between those two bikes, and because you're used to yours, it's going to be faster downhill.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but I'm a man and I like machines. Shiney machines.

well, paint my bottom blue and call me an eunuch :o)

TooTall
    Free Member

sfb in mentioning bottoms shocker 🙄

backhander
    Free Member

Kramer, I'm not really shy. The 5.5 is just a bit faster although the forks may have been an issue. SFB, any reason for the choice of colour? Is blue in some way symbolic to eunuchs?
    Tootall, we're off to cwmcarn the weekend (some novice riders coming too) if you fancy it?

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Surely it's a good thing knowing the bike you've actually got is better than the one you haven't??

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB, any reason for the choice of colour?

it's my favourite colour, and my wife once died hers blue with potassium permanganate (or was it gentian violet?) trying to cure thrush…

sofatester
    Free Member

#New more expensive bike is not better that your old one shocker#

🙄

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

If you've got a pimped up Intense AND a grand to spare you should be looking at buying a second bike. Put the grand towards something that'll have you flying up the hills and rattling your teeth coming down the other sides.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Too much info there SFB. Remember – You don't have to share EVERYTHING with the group….
    😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You don't have to share EVERYTHING with the group….

well I admit there was an element of malicious overinformation there 🙂
    But her description of the look on the doctor's face was hilarious…

backhander
    Free Member

I've also got a nice dialled PA….although thinking of getting rid for an alps/mini downhill effort any suggestions? Orange alpine 160 maybe?

kimbers

do they not run the same suspension system anyway?

soobalias
    Free Member

who cares what it rides like, which one looks better?

YoGrant
    Free Member

spend the spare £1000 on a cx bike and have some fun this winter ;0)

backhander
    Free Member

Yogrant, can't do it man sorry. I look terrible in lycra and would need copious female assistance to shave my legs and I don't hear any volunteers (No means NO, Simon).
    Theres just nothing that sets my heart aflutter bikewise any more. No more excited "finds" in the classifieds or on ebay, no more sneaking a peak at a manufacturers website. I'm very happy with the Intense but monogamy seems so….forever.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yeah

Three of us spent a day demoing a P7pro and a 5pro from Ralphs (Taunton) v.s. my TranceX2 on the Qs.

We all liked the feel of P7 and hated the 5. We all thought the Conti MK tyres really compromised both bikes, but still enjoyed the P7 in all situations. The 5 we found very sluggish to pedal and a bit tank-like going down. My TranceX2 was the fastest up and down – to my relief.

My mate was soooo disappointed in the 5 as he had already fallen in love with it. Anyway, he bought the P7 and with some maxxis tyres, it is a very good bike IMO.

It really is worth demoing if you can

speaker2animals

I'll take that grand to relieve my no job, bankrupt unhappiness.

Hey, if you don't ask etc!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Feeling "deflated" after bike demo.’ is closed to new replies.