Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Feelgood story of the week
  • DezB
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Meh, I quite liked him on R1, although admittedly I liked the ‘show’, rather than him specifically. He was quick witted for sure, and did well when he had cohorts to bounce off. On scripted stuff and television and what not he just wasn’t funny.

binners

A vile, nasty, witless, bullying moron, who’s every inane utterance was a celebration of his own idiocy.

Until this thread I’d forgotten he even existed. Looks like everyone else has too. Hey ho.

DezB
    Free Member

I quite liked him on R1

It’s beyond my comprehension how this is even possible. Each to their own eh 😉

vile, nasty, witless, bullying moron

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

martinhutch

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3w5UsGu9M&list=UUZfJcG06BK_ll7wj6HlmQSg[/video]

It’s clear he hasn’t lost his touch for compelling content.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

His R1 show was all scripted. He’s a (insert what binners said) and the sycophants were there just to make him seem funny. His appearanceon the Buzzcocks showed him for what he really is.

gatsby
    Free Member

I’m not sure this is anything to feel good about. He was/is a complete twunt, but watching the decline of another just makes me feel a bit depressed.

It’s like those episodes of The Office when Brent works as a traveling rep and goes back to the office with his dog. 🙁

G

fasthaggis

Yup,what Binners said .

The creative, anarchic spirit that once characterised his well-defined radio features has evaporated

You what! 🙄

Oh ,and Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) stole all his potential TV work .

Dobbo

With the amount of time on his hands now and the ability of STW to get high on Google there’s a fair chance he will read this thread so in that case:-

Moyles you’re a talent less dickwad who should just fade away and accept the life of a nobody and has-been you are.

wwaswas

*this* is the Feelgood story of the week!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29727632

(can you see what I did there…)

edd

I thought he was an unpleasant bigot. I am not sure that I feel comfortable celebrating his, or anyone else’s, decline though.

fasthaggis

wwaswas

Dobbo

“edd – Member
    I thought he was an unpleasant bigot. I am not sure that I feel comfortable celebrating his, or anyone else’s, decline though.”

Man alive there’s always one…what about Nick Griffin’s decline he’s an unpleasant bigot is he not? Why would you not want to see an unpleasant bigot decline?

dbcooper
    Free Member

I agree with Edd. Whilst I don’t like Moyles either I take no pleasure in another persons pain. This is the whole problem with modern society. We should all be helping each other. Kindness goes a long way.

spawnofyorkshire

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/feb/21/chris-moyles-used-car-dealer-tax-avoidance

Things like this make me feel all warm and fuzzy towards him

He’s a knob

DezB
    Free Member

We should all be helping each other. Kindness goes a long way.

Sod off

Anyway, he’s not bloody DYING is he? He’s just going from undeserved fame to obscurity ffs.

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29727632

(can you see what I did there…)

That one’s already been done by Binners.

binners

This is the whole problem with modern society. We should all be helping each other. Kindness goes a long way.

Indeed. But one of the things about Moyles that made him particularly loathsome was that, like all bully’s, he seemed to revel in being thoroughly obnoxious towards people, happily holding them up for ridicule for cheap laughs

So its hardly surprising that he doesn’t elicit much sympathy

z1ppy

Not exactly sure this is a very nice thread, or really there a need for it. He was a very famous entertainer, and like all entertainers he evoked wildly differing views from love to hate. I used to enjoy his radio shows but got bored of the same old same old year on year, so moved on but don’t hate him for it. That said I doubt he’s very worried about our views, when hopefully (as in I hope he not pee’d it all up the wall) he’s got more money in his bank account than most ppl will make all their whole lives. Money might not bring happiness but I bet it helps.

PS: I alway see him now and think fair play to him for getting his weight down and hopefully under control.

dbcooper
    Free Member

binners I agree, and I am not suprised that there is little sympathy, just saddened. If you don’t like his behaviour, surely the last thing you should do is mimic it, otherwise you lose your moral stance right?
    Be the change you want to see.

dezb. I love you.xx

chakaping
    Free Member

Very good.

😆

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’m sure the millions he earned spouting drivel on Radio 1 will keep him cosy while he sobs himself to sleep in front of his paltry 10,000 viewers on Youtube.

Pigface
    Free Member

When his ego shrinks he will like all other DJ’s end up on Capitol or Heart etc dont think he will be on Radio 2 anytime soon

He seems to think he is going to be a big TV host and I can’t see it happening, his act is to confrontational with out the depreciating humour or intelligence of say a Graham Norton.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Maybe UKIP will take him.

gatsby
    Free Member

his act is to confrontational with out the depreciating humour or intelligence of say a Graham Norton.

(sic)

I think it was his depreciating humour that got him in this mess! 😆

G

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Feelgood story of the week’ is closed to new replies.