Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Feel good story of this week – Lego come good
  • atlaz
    Free Member

LEGO Finds Spare Discontinued Set So Boy Who Saved Up For 2 Years Wouldn’t Be Disappointed

Yes they’re a company but finding a not-in-production set for a kid and getting it to him for his birthday is a classy touch.

convert

Nice. 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

That made me smile. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Very nice.

I’m personally gutted that 10+ years ago when I bought Storm Trooper (for my daughter you understand) I didn’t pick up the C3PO too as it’s now discontinued, perhaps I should write to them …

martinhutch

He’ll have it on ebay within the week…

MSP

The cynic in me suspects viral marketing everytime I see one of these stories. Especially when its doing the rounds in the run up to Christmas.

martinhutch

The brother is clearly thinking – “$100 Lego set for nothing…what do I get?”

redthunder
    Free Member

Smile 🙂

but

I think MSP has a point… 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My brother has a Lego advent calender this year with a tiny model in each day.

I’m 26, he’s 23, I’m still envious.

edlong
    Free Member

Yeah, cynical, exploitative corporate pigs!!! Making some kid’s year just so they could look good!! How dare they??

techsmechs
    Free Member

Lego is ace and always will be – couldn’t care one bit if this is true or not….

convert

Anyone else who was an OCD Lego builder – couldn’t abide those kids who’d build multi-coloured walls with no regard to colours and pattern 👿

Not 100% about these outcome specific “kits” mind – all my lego could be a giant robot one day, a castle the next – if you squinted a bit. All about imagination innit.

ben
    Free Member

Anyone else who was an OCD Lego builder – couldn’t abide those kids who’d build multi-coloured walls with no regard to colours and pattern

Raises hand. I had to have colour symmetry too, even if meant searching through my pile of Lego for hours for that missing piece.

ittaika
    Free Member

“Anyone else who was an OCD Lego builder – couldn’t abide those kids who’d build multi-coloured walls with no regard to colours and pattern

Raises hand. I had to have colour symmetry too, even if meant searching through my pile of Lego for hours for that missing piece.”

aye, me too – still do it

julianwilson
    Free Member

convert/ben/ittaika, you are only ‘lego ocd’ lightweights: for maximum points you must make sure that as many as possible of the tiny little lego logos moulded on the top of each stud are the same way round. I don’t, but according to the other forum I lurk/post on, there are plenty of people who do. 😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

Shame on those of you who dismiss it as a cynical exercise in marketing.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

On another note it does seem that toys seem to become valuable very quickly now due to their short runs. I still have boxes of my old toys and action figures from when I was a kid and all but a few are worth pennies but a few more recent toys that had a short release and then became discontinued are worth an abolsolute fortune if you can find a new one anywhere.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Being a lego fan myself and regularly building stuff with my boys (I’m 32) that has brought a tear to my eye!

RustySpanner

I’m writing to Kawasaki.
    I’ve finally saved the £752.00 purchase price for a 1972 H2 750 triple.

They must have one lying around, surely?

jfletch
    Free Member

Why my wife doesn’t realise that if she bought me one of those huge lego technic sets for Xmas it would be the best present ever I can never fathom.

Women, not a clue how to have fun!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Anyone else who was an OCD Lego builder – couldn’t abide those kids who’d build multi-coloured walls with no regard to colours and pattern

Yes, add me to that list too. I often pulled apart the most amazing Lego builds because I couldn’t do the last couple of bricks in the same colour. I do remember knocking on my mates door very late one evening to see if he had a couple of spare bricks in the right colour…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Feel good story of this week – Lego come good’ is closed to new replies.