Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Feel a right idiot – make me feel better/worse
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Made plans today to go to the Olympic Park with my brother-in-law who is working there to take a look round and soak up atmosphere. Bought train ticket yesterday and merrily made way to Stratford station from Horsham where I met him. First thing he said when we went to get the pass required to enter the Olympic Park was ‘got your passport for id then’.

D’oh, forgot it. Now at home feeling utterly hacked off with myself!

Going to go to the Gym to work off some angst!!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

See I must be really naive.

I would never think that I would need my passport to go somewhere in England, and thus would not think of taking it.

Scotland, fair enough, but not in my own country.

WTF do you do if you don’t have a passport?

tomhoward

Drivers license not valid?

redthunder
    Free Member

Moron 😉

logical
    Free Member

It seems i’m Victor Meldrew but it could be worse

Oh dear. 🙂

deus

it could be worse

Shakey
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

Drivers license not valid?

Didn’t bring license either as only have paper version 🙁

nickjb
    Free Member

Might have been worth trying. When I was working on one of the venues I was told we needed all sorts of ID and PPE to get through the gate and nobody checked, the only thing they cared about was bottled water. Still seeme to take ages to get in.

CountZero

It certainly wouldn’t have occurred to me to carry my passport, but I always have my drivers licence with me anyway.
    I’m gutted for you, I’d have been so angry about that.

singletrackmind

My Dad went on a second honeymoon to Paris with my mum for their 25 wedding anniversary.
    Only mum spent the first 48hrs in Paris alone as he was turned round by French passport control at CDG airport
    It turned out since their first honeymoon a Visa was now required to enter France on a Mauritian passport .
    First flight back to blighty , train home and huge drinking session before going to London to sort out a visa the next day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Feel a right idiot – make me feel better/worse’ is closed to new replies.