Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Feel a bit lost!
  • tyger
    Free Member

Last year my Dad passed away and then on Saturday I lost my Mum. It feels strange no longer having any parents. Lots to arrange now of course, but can't quite help feeling a bit "lost" for want of a better word.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just Keep Swimming.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Grief. It takes time to heal. It will pass but give yourself some time and space to grieve

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hugs

Lost my dad too last year. I hope my mum is around for a long time yet but I am seeing a decline in her overall health – she just looks worn out all the time and is often lost in herself – just as you describe yourself.

Just focus on getting past the first few weeks and then look back fondly on all the good times.

willard

Chin up Tyger.

I feel for you, having just lost my gran and with my uncle very ill right now, but you just have to keep swinging.

project
    Free Member

My mum died suddenly in 93, then my dad in 2007, then partners mum in 2008,plus uncle in 2008.

Let the undertaker take care of stuff,go out on the bike,go for a drive, relive the memories of your parents, get really depressed and fed up,repeatedly think why me,get angry with freinds.I did.

But most importantly cry, and cry some more, i still do, and it does help, the feeling of being lost will eventually go away, but the memories of your parents will always be there,for you to enjoy.

Oh and a seriously big hug in these sad times from me to you,and best wishes for the next few weeks.

chewkw
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that but you are at the helm now. Be strong.

nockmeister
    Free Member

I was orphaned in March…it sucks.

project
    Free Member

Forgot to say,no matter how much you sometimes think some on here are a bit stupid,and argumentative,everyone would do their best to offer you support and a chat, or even just a good laugh,some might even ride a bike with you.

Reason being we all ride bikes, and we all have/had parents.

MrOvershoot

I can understand your feeling lost as it’s the people who brought you into this world.

I still miss my father almost every day; he died 12 years ago after a year of cancer.
    He was everything a father should be but also my best mate, we had some great holidays just the two of us doing lads stuff.
    Thankfully my mother is very much alive & in rude health, I’m guessing she will just keel over one day as it’s the way with her family, both her parents lived well into their 90s and had no health issues to speak of till the day they died.

I’m going to miss her too as she has always been there for me when things go wrong

Hohum
    Free Member

You have my sympathies.

I hope you discover your way again soon.

carriegold
    Free Member

eHugs

It does get better, I promise

joolsburger
    Free Member

Been there, Mum in October 2008 and Dad on Xmas eve 2009 both cancer. It's not great but it gets better and you end up left with good memories.

You have my sympathies.

tyger
    Free Member

Many thanks for hugs and kind words. You know in your head that this is happening all the time but when it's your turn it feels so strange.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I try to make sense of it by telling myself my dad had a good life, was there for us as we grew up and saw two grandchildren. I do get upset when I get to thinking that he never got to meet my two little girls though (my wife was 3 months pregnant and we had just told mum and dad) when he died.

But the only way is to remember the good stuff.

nickc

Chin up, old thing.

Try to focus on the good things, ignore the bad things. It does get easier, promise.

theotherjonv

Not much i can add, but thoughts are with you.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Just remember the positive memories and that it is part of life and yes it sucks and lonely but they would want you to be happy.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Feel a bit lost!’ is closed to new replies.