Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fed up with all my old bikes…
  • greenman
    Free Member

……should I sell the lot and use the £2.50 raised to buy a do it all bike?
    i.e. Surly Troll with a set of rigid and sus’ forks And 2 sets of wheels.
    I ride off road, tour, ride for fitness and occasionally commute.

shermer75
    Free Member

I have a Troll. I love it to bits, it’s amazingly versatile and makes an excellent tourer and commuter. However as is often the way there has to be a little compromise made somewhere and in this case it seems to me that Surly have paid for the frame’s excellent longevity and versatility with a smidgeon of the ‘zing’ that you can get with other hardtails when blasting around offroad. It’s based on the 1×1 geometry, so if you’ve tried and liked that then you pretty much know what you are getting.

shermer75
    Free Member

PS it’s probably quite telling that I bought mine for the same reason you are considering but ended up buying an Inbred as well, and keep the Troll for road duties only!!

shermer75
    Free Member

PPS it’s probably only fair to Surly that I also ‘fess up and admit that I’ve been running the Troll with an Alfine rear hub- which might explain the lack of zing!!

ghastlyrabbitfat
    Free Member

Get a Fatty. It’ll do anything, but will just be a little slower on the road. And skittery on mud 😉

martymac

get an electric fatty, it wont be slower on road.
    well, not til the battery goes flat anyway, then the words ‘resistance training’ will take on a whole new meaning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fed up with all my old bikes…’ is closed to new replies.