Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Fed up waiting for a suitable thread to show off my new graphics…
  • tinsy
    Free Member

So I have had to post my own.

Much nicer than without I rekon.

jim_1980
    Free Member

rubbish ;o)

country_gent told me about them at the weekend very nice mate.

baldSpot
    Free Member

bottle cage and pump looks whack dude!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigDummy
    Free Member

Gosh. You had such an awesome colour scheme and such a fantabulosa collection of matching anodized parts that the only thing that could really have improved it was a big sticker with your name on!! And now you've got one!!! 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yeah, the pump nozzle looks perfectly aligned to pick up all the crap from the front tyre 🙁 Stow it!

tinsy
    Free Member

HA HA, BigDummy, at least I have no intention of trying to carry my kitchen sink about on it too.. 😉

Though that said, if you think the pump and bottle cage is rough, give it a month and will have a plethora of plastic mudgaurds, saddle pack and other baggage that actually makes riding through the winter more comfy, bolted, taped and zip tied all over it.

SFB pump nozzle and handle all waterproofed now (see 1st pic), stow it where? I hate riding with a pack on and only do that when I use it to commute on so I got some decent clothes for work.

jim_1980
    Free Member

ha ha ha i have to agree tinsy does like to use gaffer tape on his bikes (and shoes)to make them functional for the season.

building my new bike tomorrow night with help from country_gent ill post pics when its done.

MrAgreeable

What's custom about it? And who is JB? Is it your tribute to the Godfather of Soul? 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Custom, just the colour, and the graphics…. 🙂

JT my initials.

Shandy
    Free Member

Justin Timberlake?

MrAgreeable

Cool, I never realised that I have four custom bikes… 😉

tinsy
    Free Member

I guess we ALL have in our own way Mragreeable… not 100% sure on the custom bit of the decals to be honest, hence the post..

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

Cool 8) where did you get them from?

tinsy
    Free Member

My Industrial Designer pal made up the font, and just got em made at a sign shop.

ollieT
    Free Member

John Thomas?

Sorry 🙄

tinsy
    Free Member

ha ha..

uplink
    Free Member

There's just far too much matching & blue going on there for my liking – sorry

Even the inside & outside walls are blue – have you got any other colour paint?

tinsy
    Free Member

The outside one is a car park, but I did choose it cos it matched kinda… 🙂

I would have called it royal blue myself, but the house paint is I guess a kind of baby blue..

Funny enough I just bought expected baby Tins a blue pram, but Tinsetta has rejected my idea of putting Tinsy stickers on it!!

TimP
    Free Member

Stickers on a baby does seem harsh

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Nice work. Totally unique.

How much did the printers charge you out of interest? What was the printing method?

tinsy
    Free Member

I supplied an .ai (illustrator file) file, but pretty sure they can work to most formats, you could just lay out what you wanted on a word document I think & just pick from the standard fonts.

However my pal went to a bit more trouble than that and was consious of the tube dia and wrap around etc and made this font up for me… you could do the same with trial and error and just printing a few out different sizes until you got what you was after.

What I bought was an A4 sheet of the graphics enough for 3 bikes, there was a minimum charge of £25 at the sign shop but that's London prices and i just wanted it done, sure you could knock a fair bit off of that. Its just vinyl decals.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Yeah just curious, had mine produced by Gil on here (highly recommended :wink:)

When I get some decent pics of mine I'll start a custom decal thread!

Daffy

Black Stem and post would look better,
    Replace the bore caps with Silver,
    Get shot of the blue QR seatpost clamp (too much)
    Some grey wall tyres, like Geax, Michelin or new Kendas would blend the rims into the tyres.

tinsy
    Free Member

Nah, these are the tyres..

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Looks gorgeous!
    I love the whole blue and white thing, mines half way there 😕

would like some white rims, any suggestions?

belgianbob

Ignore the critics, I think it looks MINT, and I'm jealous as my bike is really tatty.
    Well done.

tinsy
    Free Member

Loulabella I think sunn rims do an XC rim in white but most others in any colour seem to be heavy duty kind of rims…

Cheers bob, all the bits are pretty well used on it to be honest had most of it since 04-05 or bought 2nd hand, and the frame was just a cheap 2nd hand buy off classifieds hence the powder coat.. they do get scruffy if you ride em so it wont last.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It's all kinds of wrong IMO, but tis your money and your happy etc.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I got some DT Swiss 4.2D rims in white, laced onto some custom-polished XT hubs. Tres cool. No pics though I'm afraid!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/DT_Swiss_XR42D_Rim_-_white_edition/5360039497/

crash_gav
    Free Member

I did a respray and put this on mine. Nice to be a little adventurous JT.

adeward
    Free Member

here is my effort at graphics,, the teeth hand cut from vinyl scraps and the preston logo printed out in word cut out and used as a mask to spray through Banksy style ,,,,with matt black car paint,,,
    i wasnt after the bling look

need to have a word with the gardener about them there weeds

Ben_Haworth

They're by far the best decals I've seen on a Preston 🙂

adeward
    Free Member

here is a picture of the whole thing in all it's beauty ( personal opinion)
    it now has a alfine hubgear on it so it should read 8 speed dawg

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

ade, i love the play of frame shape and graphics – bike co's take note!

but really, that one fugly ride (personal opinion) ;o)

acjim
    Free Member

I don't normally comment on bike appreciation threads but hells teeth that ^^ hit every branch falling out of the ugly tree!

Mismatching tyres – check
    High Rise stem – check
    Funky coloured grips – check
    weird mech as tensioner – check
    One of the ugliest suspension fork designs ever – check

Good work mate! Strangely I like it in a so ugly it's cool way, not sure I'd want to ride it though.

adeward
    Free Member

you missed different size wheels in your critique of my bike,,

i wasnt aware that you had to match your tyres,,, i have made a note 😀

acjim
    Free Member

i hadn't noticed the different wheel sizes, a 96r? – that is amazing work. I'm hoping that you have a shed full of spares and this was a frankenbike / bitsa rather than a long planned build!

You should try and get some of those nasty red panaracer fire xc tyres to round off the package 😉

adeward
    Free Member

i have to admit i have two of these ,,, both with the same weird wheel combination one has a normal gear setup and this which now has an alfin in it,,but was a singlespeed

there are blue lights flashing outside,, …………..i think i can hear someone knocking at my door,,,

acjim
    Free Member

lol, niche squad – "you're nicked"

v10
    Free Member

Graphics look cool.

Headset doesnt line up though… 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Fed up waiting for a suitable thread to show off my new graphics…’ is closed to new replies.