• This topic has 33 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JCL.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • fed up, fed up, fed up!!
  • landofgiants
    Free Member

Is anyone else feeling proper pissed off at the moment? You know that feeling when you’re annoyed but dont know why. Everyone irritates you and you generally cant be arsed!! Work’s just the same shit. Seems the only time I’m happy at the moment is when im out riding. 33 years old, so too young for a midlife!! Any thoughts. Or am I just moaning?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

No, I’m feeling great.

I think you’re just moaning.

Anyway, in case you aren’t making it up, check this thread out, it will put things into perspective

Clicky click

lucien

Nothing wrong with a good ole moan…..

ton

I am 15yrs older
    I am deffo uglier
    I am fat
    my ticker is knackered
    I have a huge bum boil

ride your bike, then some more……….. 8)

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Suck it up princess, I’ve had the shits for 4 days. I’ll swap ya!

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’m seven years older than you
    Probably not as ugly as Ton 😉
    My heart appears fine
    I’m not slim however (optimised for gravity as I’ve started describing myself!)
    I’ve been unemployed since last September
    But…I’m not moaning. I have two interviews this week and if they don’t work out I’ll be starting my own business.

There is ALWAYS an upside to life. MTFU and go ride your bike.

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Coolhandluke – how on gods green earth was that link supposed to cheer him up?!

stuey
    Free Member

ton…

<probably the beer talking>

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Oh -just re read your post, realised you said ‘put things into perspective’ not ‘cheer you up’.

Oops

onehundredthidiot

Was feeling the same. Got out on a bike, watched Sun set from top of a lung burner of a climb. Feeling chilled now.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Look on the bright side. Winters over, spring is breaking through, the trails are drying out, day light hours are getting longer so more bike time.

ton

stuey, I am the victor.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUAiE6If-g[/video]

stuey
    Free Member

😆 – but I couldn’t make out your bum boil <more beer>

tizzzzle
    Free Member

We’re all going to be blown up by the ruskis soon anyway so I ‘d pop out to the offy, buy a few tins of 1664 and drink to the times you’ve had. It was a wild ride

slackalice
    Free Member

When I get truly fed up ( cyclical depressive ), my wake up call is realising that I have a fully functioning body, 2arms, 2legs, senses that work. Not to mention a roof, warm, clothed, loved one’s. At least two very nice bikes to ride.

Initially, it makes me feel worse, because I’m feeling fed up, down, depressed and what right, what reasons do I truly have to beat myself up? None, truth be told.

This turns to being grateful. Thankful for my health, my faculties, my assets ( no matter how lacking I believe they are ), thankful for my partner, my step son. Thankful for the greatest gift my dad gave me when he died suddenly when I was 18. Just very thankful and grateful that I am here to experience the universe as a human being! The sunrise, sunset, cold rain, warm summer sun, fresh air and the smell,of the woods as I ride through them.

Take a day or two out OP. Go for a long ride, spend an impromptu day with your loved one’s and give thanks 😀

You might feel better for it.

tenfoot

I feel a bit tetchy today too. Easily irritated.

So buck up and stop bloody moaning. You’re getting on my nerves.

😉

landofgiants
    Free Member

I knew I’d get some motivation from here. Coolhands link topped it off. Poor guy. MTFU. Ride more. Beware of the Russians. Got it!!

core

Me too, other half is currently obsessed with family farm, (lambing) I have a full time job and an allergy to being treated and spoken to like shit (or ignoring the same being inflicted on other people) by her father so stay out of the way, plus want some time to do my own thing. Not going down well, very frosty. Was my 26th birthday on Sunday, nobody made much effort. Got stick last night for being out all afternoon, during which
    time I fetched horse feed for her, and fitted a mountain top to my dad’s new pickup.

So, today I bought myself a pair of etnies and an animal t shirt to cheer myself up, ha, I’m 26 ffs !

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Is anyone else feeling proper pissed off at the moment? You know that feeling when you’re annoyed but dont know why. Everyone irritates you and you generally cant be arsed!! Work’s just the same shit. Seems the only time I’m happy at the moment is when im out riding. 33 years old, so too young for a midlife!! Any thoughts. Or am I just moaning?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! shadddaaappppp!!!!

bearnecessities

Is anyone else feeling proper pissed off at the moment?

Not pissed off, but buying first place has turned me from a carefree, confident and relaxed chap, into an edgy, paranoid and panicky pain in the arse, with sleepless nights about money.

Yes, there are bigger problems, but it’s weird to realise how quickly you can change as a person!

rossi46
    Free Member

I’d suspect that three months of shite weather, the fact that it’s winter and the prospect of WW3 kicking off is enough to drag anyone down. Me included. Mainly I’m narked off at getting wet and having to clean my bike everytime I go out.
    Still this last few days have helped. The suns been out and there’s lovely colourful Crocusses and Daffodils out.
    Happy days are here again! (ignore the WW3 bit!!!)

stumpy01

OP, I feel the same at the moment to be honest.

Think it’s a combination of things…
    Not enough time to get stuff done
    Too much to do
    House decorating
    Not enough time for hobbies
    Not enough time to catch up with friends and family
    Not enough time to cycle enough to improve fitness.
    Long commute, leading to frustration

etc…..

But yeah, I then think about people who are a lot worse than me who have illnesses, have lost friends and families, don’t have secure jobs and loving people around them and it seems quite churlish to be a whingebag.

cynic-al
    Free Member

This turns to being grateful.

A life coaching trechnique is to recite gratitude for things…anything like health, fitness, family, education, looks 😉 it can help you stay positive.

Bunnyhop

It be the change of seasons, I tell ye.

wallop

Hormones.

scandalous
    Free Member

me too

noteeth
    Free Member

Hormones.

Hora does moan on a bit, it’s true.

mogrim

Seems fairly normal at the arse end of winter – crap weather, no break since Christmas, still another 40 days til Easter, etc.

If you’ve got the cash and not got the kids, it’s a great time to take a day or two off work and head somewhere a bit sunnier for a long weekend.

maxtorque

Did you know that the term “Fed up” comes from Falconry?

Me neither till now……..(..)….(…)……… 😉

iffoverload
    Free Member

do you feel like this for a few days every couple of weeks? manstruation? 🙂

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Bit random, but watching the first bit of this always cheers me up. Maybe it can do the same for you.

Partridge

anagallis_arvensis

I’m fed up as I havnt been able to walk since feb2nd when I fell off my bike had one knee op abd will need anothe. Fed up!

rickmeister

Being irritated by a jobs worth self righteous c**k sat on a very high horse at east lothian council…..

Otherwise life will improve with the arrival of my fatbike wheels…

JCL
    Free Member

Modern life is rubbish.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘fed up, fed up, fed up!!’ is closed to new replies.