Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Feckless benefit claimants to be put to work – OR ELSE!
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…..Zulu 11 or TJ to cover the extremes of views present on the forum

Whilst I don’t challenge the claim with regards to Zulu 11 …….. TJ expressing an extreme point of view ?
    Really ? 😕

This is TJ’s suggestion :

TandemJeremy – Member

Its the “or else” that is the issue. This sort of idea could be useful if it has a carrot. £40 a week on top of your dole for working in community projects? Provides real jobs for tradesmen / foremen / supervisors as well and could do a lot of good.

£40 a week on top of your dole for working in community projects ? Hardly a very extreme opposing view.

And one which I have to say, I would expect from a soft moderate Guardian-reading type liberal.

I on the other hand, suggested offering everyone, specially school-leavers, a job. Now if that isn’t extremism, then I don’t know what is.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

£40 a week on top of your dole for working in community projects

or

working in community projects for your dole

Both have a carrot!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Even by your standards ratty, that ^ is a remarkably silly comment.

EDIT : well edited btw.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Really Ernie, cause to me it seems that getting paid £65.45 per week for working in community projects is roughly, erm (counts fingers) £65.45 more than the bog all people should earn for sitting on their arse in front of Jeremy Kyle.

Which is a pretty good carrot!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So tell me ratty, why did you edit out the comment about “both have a carrot – no one has to claim the dole” then ?

Obviously after reading it, you realised what a silly comment it was.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Actually, I did it about a minute after posting, before reading yours – as I thought it was better to keep that powder dry for later 🙂

I dont withdraw the statement, though more accurately in fact I think it was that ‘nobody is forced to claim the dole’

Which they’re not!

For proof, go down to your local Polski Sklep and ask some of the customers why they’re not at home on the dole in Poland! then maybe watch an old episode of ‘Auf Wiedersehn Pet!’

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’re getting even sillier now.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So what are you arguing with him for then?

Pair of wallies the both of you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Catford??

Tell you what mate; I’m glad I was there today rather than on here, judging by all the same old bollocks that’s been churned out again.

Tomorrow I shall be in Swiss Cottage.

By Thursday, it’s possible I may be in Seventh Heaven. Who knows? The likelihood is that I’ll probably be heading towards Hades, rather than slouching towards Bethlehem…

El-bent
    Free Member

Its not fair, moral, financially prudent or good for society.

Its not. But nobody seemed to worry about it in the 80’s when this started.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So what are you arguing with him for then?

You see me saying : “You’re getting even sillier now” as me presenting an argument……..how bizarre 😕

can-uk
    Free Member

This thread has totally reminded me of this:

Okee-Kokee Pig in a Pokee.. Goon Morning Job Seekers!

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Feckless benefit claimants to be put to work – OR ELSE!’ is closed to new replies.