Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Feckers tried to break into my house -recommend me a decent alarm system please!
  • zaskar
    Free Member

Bar stewards kicked down my gate etc but couldn’t get in and I am thinking they will be back.

Any decent alarm systems that won’t cost a fortune?

Thanks.

0091paddy
    Free Member

zaskar
    Free Member

Thought of that but too busy to give care and I am not getting up early to walk dog or wiping poop stains.

saladdodger
    Free Member

ok buy a set of Bombers

own the feckers

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but couldn’t get in and I am thinking they will be back.

I bet they won’t. Unless they want something which they know you have. The chances are that it was a purely opportunistic attempt.

scraprider
    Free Member

element of suprise my friend , stay up , with a m8 2 x bats, ali baseball bats fit the bill nicely.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

That doog looks hard as ****.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Have you reported it to the feds? At least give em a heads up if you think they might come back.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

you could try something like this
    😉

zaskar
    Free Member

saladdodger – Member

ok buy a set of Bombers

own the feckers

First thing I thought when I got home! -ran round hoping to own’ one of them! Grr. But they had left as I was at work probably.

Reported to Feds apehex_2k but all I have is a crime number-nothing the can do and the won’t record it as a atemepted burglary to lower crime figures.

Found my local beat team who offer advice and possible discounts towards security advice and systems but I can’t wait a week-rather get the house secure now. Lucky multipoint door kept them out this time as the footprint is on the bottom of the door where ppl don’t have the locks etc.

Disgusting folk though. Lack of respect for the law. Hope they break into a house with a rotweiler waiting for them! 😈

ton

zaskar, if you ring me tomorrow 01132633500
    i will do you a alarm system at trade + a bit more off.

zaskar
    Free Member

Cheers let me know whats the best time for you as I teach between 0830-1530.

I did put one in for my Dad and Brother in law yrs ago one of those home yale wireless things.

Thanks for your help ton

ton

anytime mate…after 8.30 and before 5.

zaskar
    Free Member

Thanks for your help.

Top Bloke.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if Ton don’t do it then the Yale wireless ones are a doddle to set up and ours has performed flawlessly

zaskar
    Free Member

Ton’s offered me a good deal.

But as I am busy and my old man will be fitting it so he gets the final say/moan!

@mrmichaelwright-I helped fit a Yale to my old mans’ and the bro’ in-law’s house and they’ve been great till the batteries run low!
    But the best thing I can do is get a deterrent and keep decent contents insurance.

Also will talk to neighbours in the area and help setup a neighbourhood watch via mobile etc.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Mastino Neapolitano (my aunt’s one is over 170lbs):

CountZero

See this post ^ WTF is this?. Might give the thieving crackheads a fright.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know what ‘Mastino Neapolitano’ were originally bred for, but that bottom jaw looks totally useless to me – other than for eating dog food.

haddock
    Free Member

Similar prob a couple of weeks ago, got followed back to my door coming home from a trail center, spotted it and thought I was being paranoid – 3 days later I found out I wasn’t. Get some extra door locks and take the keys with you when you go out – use the alarm when your in, they broke into my garage while we were in – now alarmed etc. I got a dog – she slept through the lot!!

Free Member

Just to comment, the alarm system is only part of the problem prevention/reduction…

You need a decent sounder, something that will make a whole load of noise!

have a look at some offerings from klaxon signals, the unit I have fitted in the past is the P Series Inferno, loud as f*ck and you really don’t want to be around when it goes off – if you can, buy two – one where your bikes are and one somewhere else in the house.

jt

zaskar
    Free Member

Have 5 point locking on all doors etc and just need the alarm now.

I always keep the bikes in the house as I don’t have a shed-lucky for me this time.

Thanks for all the advice folks!

P.S. don’t wait, get yourself an alarm or give Ton a bell and head some business his way too.

Hairychested
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I don’t know what ‘Mastino Neapolitano’ were originally bred for, but that bottom jaw looks totally useless to me – other than for eating dog food.
    Well, originally to defend against bears, boars and the likes.
    In Italy they were used to ensure no demonstrations when Hitler visited.
    My aunt’s MN fought a couple of adult Rotweillers off when they attack her, she also “disabled” a Pitbull in a blink of an eye.
    Tara looks slow but it’s misleading. 12 tonne required to force jaws open (according to the vet). When she had a burglary, the uy locked himself in the toilet and rung the Police asking for help. It took them 14 hrs to arrive (by which time the wannabe burglar had been dealt with).
    If you know how big Caucasian Mountain dogs are, Mastino Neapolitanos are equal.

emac65
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

I see your dog and raise you a baboon and/or a hyena:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Feckers tried to break into my house -recommend me a decent alarm system please!’ is closed to new replies.