Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • February short break?
  • convert

Downscaling Feb half term break from a week somewhere in theory sunny (Canaries?) to a short midweek break. City or otherwise. Just wife and I, no kids. She does not bike or ski.

Maybe city break as stuff to do indoors in crappy European february weather. Edinburgh, Dublin maybe. Also thought Paris or Barcelona. Or channel isles.

Done Prague, Copenhagen, Reykjavik, Amsterdam.

Where would you go that’s relatively attainable and cheapish to get to from a London airport or Southampton?

kilo

The parador at Carmona it’s a lovely place and a change from the usual weekend breaks. Short cab journey from Seville airport.

convert

That’s a bit spooky – I was just looking at Seville. Thermal spa in Seville that I quite fancy and 2hr drive to Gib to see some friends for the day.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Lisbon. Early March last year was mid 20’s. Enough to keep you occupied for 3 or 4 days, great food and reasonably cheap flights/accommodation. (We stayed at Cristiano Renaldo’s gaff, Pestana CR7.)

kilo

We stayed there a few years ago, really nice parador, great food and the town itself was great for just bumbling around.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you’ve never been to Barcelona that’s a good call although it’s better imho when weather is a bit warmer. Lisbon is a good suggestion. Sicily or Corsica ?

andyha
    Free Member

Bergamo in Italy, close to Milan, nice town for a base, good train links

gauss1777
    Free Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘February short break?’ is closed to new replies.