Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Fear the Walking Dead
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Kind of prequel to the main show, set in L.A. and you see the start of the “problem”. Watched it last night, pretty good some good tension and the main woman is going to be a bad ass. It is hampered by what we already know so not sure where it is going but happy to watch the rest.

myti
    Free Member

What channel?

oldnpastit

Does Walking Dead get any better? I watched a few episodes but it just seemed to be a soap opera about some socially dysfunctional hillbillies interspersed with random and pointless violence.

FuzzyWuzzy

That’s pretty much what Walking Dead is, they get comfy somewhere, some shit happens, some die, they move on somewhere else and get comfy again and so on. I got into it late (just before season 4 started) but actually quite liked it although the novelty of the OTT gore has worn off now, it’s still well done it’s just expected now rather than shocking in any way.

Drac

I’ll give this a try but I gave up on Walking Dead when they sat in the bus for a few episodes moaning about each other.

Pigface
    Free Member

Errr I acquired it 😕

The second series of WD got a bit Emmerdale when they reached the Farm, but you had the intrigue of the power plays with the women whispering in the ears of their men. Then as said above all hell breaks loose. The Governor was a great baddy.

Meh its horses for courses I like it, if you don’t you don’t 😆

loddrik
    Free Member

First series of walking dead was brilliant. Got steadily worse. Can’t be arsed with it anymore. It can’t be any coincidence that the first series was overseen by Frank Darabont, as soon as he left the show, it went markedly downhill. I still watched most of it, mostly in the hope it’d get better, sadly it didn’t, now I just don’t care.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Does Walking Dead get any better?

Yes.

It has its ups and downs like any series, some bits which fly by and some which need sticking with. Some excellent characters and some you can’t wait to see get killed. (And sometimes they get rid of people when you’re least expecting it.) Like any good series, it becomes more about the characters, the relationships and their reactions to adversity. IMO, the zombie thing almost becomes a sideline as the series goes on.

But for my money, one of the best running series on TV. I’m looking forward to FTWD.

peterfile
    Free Member

I quite liked the first episode of Fear the Walking Dead. Think it’s probably got the potential do be quite clever.

DezB
    Free Member

Woooo! Zombies! They shuffle about and wait for someone to stick a spade through their skull. About as scary as Coronation Street.
    2 series was enough for me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Interestingly BT have signed up to the exclusive rights to broadcast AMC, which is where FTWD is on. They are premiering the first episode on freeview, but from then on you need to be a fully paid up BT vision (or whatever it is called) member. this means if you really, really want to watch it AND you want to do it legitimately and you have sky or Virgin Media, then you’ll need to sign a contract with BT as well.

It’s kinda like they really want to encourage piracy and it’s a bit daft in my view. This ‘exclusive channel’ stuff isn’t doing the pay TV market any good at all really.

Heard a rumbling that FTWD would be on Amazon Prime 6 months later – but that’s another expense 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

Dez as said above it is the other living people you need to watch out for, Zombies are just a bit of a pain.

dlr

Walking Dead has dragged on a bit now, I wish they would fast forward to things getting back to normal, eradicating all the nasties, having a cure and rebuilding etc. 5 seasons of random zombie deaths is enough

FTWD was ok but after a season or 2 it will end up being no different to the main series so I presume it won’t be a long running thing

miketually
    Free Member

It’s kinda like they really want to encourage piracy and it’s a bit daft in my view.

A bit like when they showed it on a Sunday evening in the States, then on a Thursday over here. It’s like they wanted us to torrent it.

I’ll probably be watching FTWD but I’ll not be giving BT any money.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Governor was a great baddy.

In an over the top, moustache-twirling, ridiculous sort of way. When the eyepatch appeared it just cemented the cartoonish-ness of it.

Do the Zombs not just rot to bits before too long? They do seem slightly indestructible. Except for bash on the bonce, obv.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

It just got better & better for me last series was amazing – Rick Grimes wow. I am stating the obvious when I say you have to suspend belief quite a bit of belief with the series (do babies turn into zombies, carls acting & Daryl’s haircut) but IMO the further the series has gone on the less it has anything to do with zombies & more & more about how people cope & survive with the complete break down of the world as they knew it.

Looking forward the watching FTWD 🙂 but currently just coming the end of watching Hannibal.

hels
    Free Member

BT may in fact be earning their £5 per month ! I get to watch this, and they just added ITV 4 so I can watch the Vuelta !

chakaping
    Free Member

Interestingly BT have signed up to the exclusive rights to broadcast AMC, which is where FTWD is on. They are premiering the first episode on freeview, but from then on you need to be a fully paid up BT vision (or whatever it is called) member. this means if you really, really want to watch it AND you want to do it legitimately and you have sky or Virgin Media, then you’ll need to sign a contract with BT as well.

Thank you piedi, I was trying to work out why it came up as “freeview – amc on BT” on my skybox.

Sod paying for it though, sky get enough of my money and I’d can that if I was allowed to.

hels
    Free Member

Then go with BT – they are all shit, but at least BT isn’t Sky.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Watched it last night very impressed, is it just me or is it shot & edited completely different to TWD seems far more cinematic ?

PrinceJohn

Currently binge watching the walking dead, got a bit bored with season 2, but, it was made around the time of the writers strike and as mentioned frank left so no wonder the quality suffered.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I quite like the walking dead and I’m certain that the current place they’re staying at is where the longest running storyline of the comics/graphic novels has taken place so I think there may be another couple of seasons of them trying to rebuild their lives in this place.

I just hope they pick the pace up a bit in the new series as it just seems to have slowed down far to much since the series with the governor, the whole terminus story could have been done a lot better and maybe even have lasted a series given the significance of it in the build up to the start of the last series.

The zombies are no longer menacing as they’re slowly dying due to a dwindling food supply and I also find it pretty strange that they’ve not really come across any significant human populations/settlements besides Woodbury and that there’s been no sign of any government agencies or armed forces trying to reorganise anything.

If the FTWD is a prequel then I’d be surprised if it lasts more than two or three seasons, but I’m looking forward to watching it anyway.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Looking forward to this, I’m not with BT though 🙁

I’ve always been extremely anti-piracy, but this current battle between Sky, Virgin, BT, Amazon and Netflix is a nightmare for consumers, there’s not a huge amount of TV I watch, but just to watch a few things I like, F1 live, Moto GP live, better call Saul and the new Topgear whatever that’ll be called will cost £150 a month or so, it’s mental – bloody football plays its part of course, seems we all have to take it in the arse to pay them a billion a year whether we want to or not.

I don’t mind saying, I’m going to torrent the crap out of this

rOcKeTdOg

Does Walking Dead get any better? I watched a few episodes but it just seemed to be a soap opera about some socially dysfunctional hillbillies interspersed with random and pointless violence.

I thought the same but stuck with it, now on series 3 and finding it gripping

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I wasn’t really impressed by the first episode but enjoyed the second. One thing that bugged me though was the lead character’s blase attitude to zombie blood. “Oh there’s some sort of unknown highly contagious zombie outbreak and I’ve got zombie blood all over my jacket, I won’t take it off and sling it ASAP I’ll wear it home and wash it in the bathroom sink”.

On a tangent I was in Budapest last week and up on the Buda side there was a big 10-12 storey office building with a FTWD banner draped over the entire side of it, it looked pretty awesome.

Pigface
    Free Member

Just watched episode 2, it was good. Schrick I know what you mean but if you look at it there are so many holes, I just roll with it. Good use for a fire extinguisher 😆

How long would it take to go all to hell if it happened for real?

hels
    Free Member

I watched the first episode last night – I thought it was a bit slow to be honest, lots of pointless exposition. And an air of the Titanic movie – you know what is going to happen.

However, huge extra bonus points for the employment of kiwi actors !

Cliff Curtis – playing the racially ambivalent dad of the featured nuclear family. I will keep watching on those grounds.

kayla1
    Free Member

I started watching it, cos I love a good zombie movie, and set it to record about half way through cos the adverts were doing me noddy in. I’ll watch the rest of it later today (in the daytime with all the lights on from behind the sofa…) so I can forward past the ads.

I’ve never seen The Walking Dead (except when we go to Asda- arf!) but it did remind of me Resident Evil 2 on the original Playstation, the bit where the birds and zombies’ arms come crashing through the windows in the Police Station 😯 I’ll give it a chance although I did get bored of Falling Skies and Revolution after a couple of series 😕

monkeychild
    Free Member

I did get bored of Revolution after a couple of series

I didn’t even make it through the 1st episode 😆 I was disappointed as it sounded like it would be ace.

FTWD looks like it should be good. The 1st episode left me a little bit meh, but the 2nd one was brilliant IMHO.

Pigface
    Free Member

Episode 3 left me a bit disappointed 🙁 the junkie is getting on my nerves and the daughter needs to go.

Gunz
    Free Member

Do the Zombs not just rot to bits before too long? They do seem slightly indestructible. Except for bash on the bonce, obv.

If you compare the zombies throughout each series they have been gradually decaying and become easier to kill with more squishy heads (not a sentence I expected to ever write at 0830 in the morning).

peterfile
    Free Member

Episode 3 left me a bit disappointed

I actually quite liked it! 🙂 Was pretty tense.

Pigface
    Free Member

It was tense, but stuff like the truck was ok in the middle of a riot, it never seems to run out of fuel 😆 sorry I am being a bit of an arse this morning.

Yes the older Zombies are very second hand now 😆 bits falling off easier to knock past etc etc still bloody bitey though.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Fear the Walking Dead’ is closed to new replies.