Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Favours for friends you've regretted
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Just finished a screen change on an iPhone 4s for a friend. I’d done it on a 3 and it was easy so assumed it would be just as easy so offered to do it. How wrong I was. Never will I ever offer this service again. An absolutely hideous job, compounded by accidentally splitting the power button ribbon cable. Lesson well and truly learnt!

samuri
    Free Member

never, ever lend friends big money. Unless you want to lose them.
    Experience? Yep.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Samuri, someone told me that if you lend money to a friend then consider it a gift and not a loan and write it off. If you get it back it’s a bonus. Sounds from your experience like they were right 😕

On the iphone thing, stress was compounded by my incorrect assumption that everyone backs their phone up as a matter of routine. Friend runs her business from her phone (contacts etc.) and never backs it up. Madness!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seavers
    Free Member

A wedding shoot. I hate weddings….and people. Total non-starter.

Edit. I should add the pic’s are nice and the couple are V happy but never again.

samuri
    Free Member

That is crazy.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I lent a ‘friend’ a big eff off Mitsubishi petrol strimmer complete with brush cutter blade & harness.
    Fifteen years later I still can’t remember which ‘friend’ it was. 🙄

redsox
    Free Member

A wedding shoot. I hate weddings….and people. Total non-starter.

Been there with that one, never had so many family members look at me with disgust when asking them to smile then was threatened at the end of the night by a very drunk woman who demanded I get them ready for the next day……..still don’t know who she was

Kevevs
    Free Member

anything to do with design/art/illustration. They just think it’s a doddle cos it’s just Art innit, like in school, a subject for simple people, it’ll only take an hour or two. Do it yourself then you **** genius!! The worst of this is, there are recipients to the contract, daft **** with a spurious qualification, that go – OK, I can do that cos I’m shit hot.. and pull out all kinds of terrible design. This happens on this forum and it is ace to see. Can we have one of those threads soon please? haven’t seen one for ages!

maccruiskeen

I lent a ‘friend’ a big eff off Mitsubishi petrol strimmer complete with brush cutter blade & harness.
    Fifteen years later I still can’t remember which ‘friend’ it was.

I moved house in brum, and at the new house, once in a while (but continually over 3 years) we’d get phone messages from a guy who had loaned the previous tenant his blender. He obviously believed himself to be on such close terms with the holder of the blender that he never needed to give his name (just ‘Hi, its me again…) or leave a number.

After two or three years though, with your pal having not seemingly told you they’ve moved house (or returned your blender, or attended any of the parties, BBQs etc that were the reason for reminding him to give the blender back) you’d think it would start to dawn that you’re not on such close terms after all.

tomhoward

Lent a mate my dh bike in return for a lift pass in whistler. Bike was knicked while under his care. He wasnt insured. My insurance wouldn’t cover it. Loved that bike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Favours for friends you've regretted’ is closed to new replies.