Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • favourite trail/trail centre????
  • davenorth1
    Free Member

love CYB but want to go everywhere and anywhere

RobHilton
    Free Member

NyA

Pook

Trail: toss up between the valley back down into sedbergh or sticks pass
    Centre: glentress.

shortcut

I really like Golspie, Balblair and Laggan.

Pete-B
    Free Member

Favourite centre? CyB & Afan. NyA close.
    Favourite trail? Cut Gate path – but it has to be dry.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Favorite trail is more like a whole ride. The black mountain killer loop
    As for trail centre I still like cwm carn xc loop

hairyscary

Trail: Coire Lair to Achnashellach near Torridon.
    Centre: Got to be Laggan. I’ve ridden there dozens of times and never get bored of it.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Favourite – Balblair

Least favourite – Llangdegla

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Afan

colournoise

Trail (so far). Watendlath to Rosthwaite. Or Ladybower with The Beast.
    Trail centre (so far). Laggan. Or Whinlatter. Or Penmachno.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Centre – Laggan. Always fun.
    Trail – too many to consider really but i always love riding Minton Batch, Long Mynd.

coogan
    Free Member

Trail: Too many to choose from.

Trail centre: Innerleithen.

superfli
    Free Member

Centre: Afan now it has the additional trails.
    Trail: NyA

Only been to Welsh centres though

xterramac
    Free Member

Centre – NyA.
    Trail – Minton Batch, Long Mynd.

Duffer
    Free Member

Trail Centre – Afan Whites Level.

Trail – The Quantocs, all of it. But especially Smith’s Coombe. Hoping to spend some time around Ladybower this year, so that may change.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I really enjoyed Laggan but I’ve only ridden if once.

Other than that, I love Innerleithen with the last bit or the red missed (Plura Craig) and lower sections of the DH instead, (make or brake?) A bit more or a pedal up but worth it and then Caddon bank of course. Big grins.

breadcrumb

Trail centre: Kirroughtree

Trail: only ridden it once but Sticks Pass is pretty special.

Simon

Trail – too hard to pick just one.
    Trail centre – easy. Glentress.

readikus

Another one for Nant y Arian. I did most of the Welsh trail centres one week last year, and I loved absolutely everything about Nant. You’re on fast, flowing singletrack within a few pedal strokes, the scenery is stunning, the red kites are awesome and the cafe is pretty good too.

My favourite section of singletrack is probably Labyrinth at Swinley. Pretty special.

_tom_
    Free Member

Another for Nant y Arian – “You’re on fast, flowing singletrack within a few pedal strokes, the scenery is stunning, the red kites are awesome and the cafe is pretty good too” sums it up quite well!

BoardinBob

Favourite trail centre: The entire Tweed valley, official and unofficial stuff

Least favourite: Ae

Favourite trail is a toss up between the Annat or Beinn Damph descents

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hmm, can’t really think of one particular trail.

As far as centres go I’m going to pick two – CYB and Glentress.

gogg
    Free Member

Trail: Penmachno Marin linked

Centre: Llandegla, although if I ever get a full sus, then Antur Stiniog could be in the running.

jekkyl

the one I’m riding this weekend or tonight, and I don’t mean that for eg, riding cannock on sunday, I mean whichever piece of trail or centre I happen to be riding in the near future, for the time being and for my day dreams at work, that is my current favourite.

robbieclay

I’m with hairyscary on the trail, right from the col at the top,of Coire Lair to Achnashellach. 700m of descent in 10 rocky, sweeping, wild, grippy bedrocked kms. ‘Natural’ singletrack perfection, no trail centre comes close IMHO.

RustySpanner

Trail – From Aber, out and back to Lyn Anafon, then the drop off Drum to Llanfairfechan.
    At sunset.

Trail Centre – Hurstwood trails in Burnley.
    Short, but fun and close to home. 🙂

Northwind

Trail centre, innerleithen but only because of all the stuff that surrounds the trail centre route- the dh and offpiste stuff makes it, the actual red route isn’t great. If it’s to be just the actual official trail centre than coed y brenin.

Trail… Eh, too many. Half of La Thuile? (K2 maybe). In the UK I’ll go with one of the descents into kinlochleven, what they call the Kennels, in the wet. Just… perfect.

Vinte
    Free Member

The Sticks Pass seems to be getting a lot of Love. Which way is the best way to ride it?

lardman
    Free Member

Trail….
    Downieville CA- connected trails to deliver the Downieville Downhill classic. Mind = Blown.

Trail Centre….
    The french Alps.

tomhoward

Trail – the secret trail behind swindon nationwide my mums house.

UK Centre. Stainburn, as its good fun, and not too far away though short but for a more complete one, ‘Degla.

Further afield, Whistler BP

woodsman
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden a trail centre for a few years, would like to try CYB again – must have changed in ten years!

PS: I probably haven’t got big enough wheels for trail centre riding 😉

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

UK trail, probably the 4 Passes.
    UK trail centre, Hebden Bridge 😉

if it absolutely has to be a real trail centre, then Fort Bill WC track.

funkrodent

Trail centre – from my relatively limited experience (never biked in Scotland, though that will be rectified by a road trip in the Autumn) I would say CyB, though I also enjoy the short loop of Penmachno.

Trail – Without a doubt the loop from Edale taking in Royche Clough and Jacob’s. Though I’m doing Cutgate in a couple of weeks *prays for dry weather* so that may change..

UK trail centre, Hebden Bridge

And a big +1 for that. More crazy, rocky, jumpy, narrow, slippery trails than you could shake a stick at, all connected by a well laid out network of trails and roads and with a plethora of good caffs, pubs and chippies at the trail centre in the valley 😉

mkidley
    Free Member

Trail Centre: Penmachno, or Whinlatter.
    Trail: Hard one… Jacobs Ladder/Hayfield or Clwyds

Going Scotland for a weekend in May though, so the Trail Centre one will probably change….

fergal
    Free Member

Man made – Eiger sanction
    Trail – Sticks via Lowman

andytherocketeer

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/your-favourite-ride-of-the-year (slightly different topic I guess)

was going to say the trails I found most fun were Cairngorms and Helvellyn. Or at least of all the ones I’ve ridden in the UK, they’ll be the ones on my “must go back to” to do list.

Clobber
    Free Member

No votes for BPW?

bigblackshed

Or FOD?

patriotpro
    Free Member

BPW is MTB Nirvana imo.

Non-Uplift – Llandegla, Whinlatter, Cwmcarn XC.

Never done NyA but sounds like I need to.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cwm Ryadder.

Unfortunately only one trail, but it’s almost perfect.

I really like the last few secions of Blue at Brechfa for being rediculously quick, kinda like knowing that you can ride the trail, but even so it’s so narrow and you’re right on the limit so that any minor slip up is going to result in some fairly major pain.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘favourite trail/trail centre????’ is closed to new replies.