Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Favourite recent addition to personal computing?
  • andyl
    Free Member

upgraded the 30gb mSATA SSD (cache only) in my new XPS 15 to a 128gb (OS and programs) and installed windows 8. Still have a 750gb hdd for data but when the normal SSD come down in price I will swap that out for a 500gb ish SSD.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ridiculous thread, full of nerdy wordies..

Mine?

I’m on it now.. IPad. It’s a brilliant piece of kit.

CountZero

philconsequence – Member
    wireless mouse and keyboard, using the TV as a monitor, wifi.

Absolutely, and using the thing I’m writing this on as a remote for the hifi, without needing the telly on, when I’m only listening to music.
    I loves this teknowlogy stuff, me!
    Edit] Flaperon, I’ve seen those, they’re brilliant!
    <jealous face>

Yes. Agreed. I tok the plunge on a trackpad rather than a mouse with my iMac and now I’ve got an iPhone and an iPad as well that all use the same or similar gestures I couldn’t go back to a mouse again, they feel slow and clunky.
    That said, you need to actually put some effort in and learn the gestures, but I love my keyboard shortcuts as well, so it was a no brainier for me.

Took me a while, but likewise.

Ewan
    Free Member

Nexus 10 – awesome little thing.

djglover
    Free Member

Home automation, smart tv

D0NK

Yeah, if you don’t think multi-finger gesures are intutitive, try a Mac.

not got a mac, ipad gestures are ok, still miss having a mouse sometimes tho, selecting text on here and other sites is a pita frankly. User error may well be a factor.

One of mine is the snipping tool that comes with Windows 7. It’s brilliant!

just had a play with this, like it, will be useful for work.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Track pad – and corresponding multi-touch gestures – for my iMac.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

insulation in my office.

D0NK

insulation in my office.

A new office/department has opened up at our place, they spent several grand of the IT budget on a coffee machine, does that count?

IA

Wireless speakers (combination of a jambox for portable, nokia wireless music reciever for upstairs hi-fi and airplay/upnp thru my mythbox for the downstairs hifi). Music from whatever device i want(laptop, phone, server, ipad, other phone etc), playing whereever I want it, with no wires. Magic!

klumpy
    Free Member

I remain utterly unmoved by most recent personal computing hardware. Tablets come out, a big phone with no phone capability, consume only functionality, and 400, 500 notes plus? Then, to make them useful, we get tablets with keyboards. And they cost even more.

A coupla years ago you could buy a netbook for 250 quid and sling a USB 3G dongle in it.

Where’s the step forward there?

Now the niftiness of the cloudiness of modern software and media is quite something. But I still asked for DVDs for Christmas… 😆

mogrim

using the TV as a monitor

My Vic20 had that, too.

binners:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeUx9xac-dU[/video]

IA

Tablets come out, a big phone with no phone capability, consume only functionality, and 400, 500 notes plus?

Or:

Tablets came out, portable like a big phone and with all day battery life, smaller, lighter and nearly as capable as my laptop, for half the price of a ultralight laptop.

Just to play devil’s advocate you know 😉

netbook for 250 quid

My ipad is waaaaaaaay more capable and useful than a cheap netbook, and I’ve owned both.

jota180
    Free Member

The recorder in Win7 makes sending people step by step setup instructions a doddle

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Favourite recent addition to personal computing?’ is closed to new replies.