Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Favourite Pie?
  • bearnecessities

Stand.

redstripe
    Free Member

American and r squared

johndoh
    Free Member

Cream

jam-bo

Jamie
    Free Member

Cream

*passes johndoh a tissue*

Coyote
    Free Member

To many to mention.

*is that the sound of binners running towards this thread*

Moses

Furry

weeksy

Cherry… Mmmmmm Cherry pie and custard ! Pie hot, custard cold.

sandwicheater

Free pie is best. Followed by reduced pie and the runner up is full price pie.

totalshell

pie flavour!

whilst bears stand looks fine the pastry looks a little heavy and theres little fat in the meat and no jelly. moisture is the x factor of a proper pie

binners

I consider it my lifes mission to find the very finest pie known to man. A pie fine enough for God himself

In order for me to do this I must try absolutely all of them. Theres a song about it, that raises this very question, as to exactly who it is who is tasked with this noble pastry based quest? I am often serenaded with it. Its nice to have my efforts recognised, to be honest

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pork Pie, but the contents must be Pork and top cuts (not the ears n stuff) and.. this..

_tom_
    Free Member

Hot apple pie with thick custard. I’m not massive on savoury pies, find there’s often too much pastry/fat and not enough meat. If I must then it’s steak and ale or the humble pork pie.

johndoh
    Free Member

Steak and kidney.

Homemade.

Stoner
    Free Member

A puff pastry top on a casserole full of meat, veg and gravy.*

* we’ve done this before. And Im still right…..
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pie-definitions-pleae#post-5600008

DezB
    Free Member

Steak and ale. A good pub one. Sometimes they’re not that good and it is a huge disappointment. (Pork pie is horrid)

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

cissy green

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Peppered Mushroom and Stilton

daftvader
    Free Member

Steak and mushroom with short crust pastry… The filling needs to have been slow cooked for a couple of hours first tho….

z1ppy

Inspired by Rogerthecat but with meat! 😈
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/j9fuN7]Beef, mushroom & Stilton Pie[/url] by z1ppy2, on Flickr

<Reports Stoner to the Mods AGAIN, for improper casserole with a lid suggestions on a pie thread>

PS: Any recipies suggestions for a chicken pie (with sause) that doesn’t have the filling sloop out when sliced up?

failedengineer

Meat and potato is the Prince amongst pies.

binners

Inspired by the genius of Dr P. My own best effort – the full english breakfast pie….

😀

MrOvershoot

DezB – Member

(Pork pie is horrid)

DezB you can go and sit on the naughty step right now and don’t come back till you are aware of the level of wrongness you have just typed 😮

We have a factory in our group based in Gainsborough and one of our friends got us some of these pies delivered

it was the only pie we all scored a 10, yes we did have a pork pie tasting spreadsheet 😀

Cougar

* we’ve done this before. And Im still right…..

You were wrong nine months ago and you haven’t got any less wrong in the interim.

therevokid
    Free Member

Favourite pie … hhhhmmmmmm ….. ALL of them 🙂

binners

Dezzy Baby definitely needs to be on the naughty step to have a think about what it is he’s just said. Pork pies are like norks. Some can indeed be flat, lifeless and uninspiring, some can even contain unnatural, artificial ingredients, but the finest examples are things of majesty that can send the human spirit souring

spawnofyorkshire

Hard to top a really good meat and potato pie.
    I used to love the Waites Confectioners ones from Hebden and Mytholmroyd when i was younger. Really meaty, good pastry and the potato still had a bite to it. Tasted great hot or cold
    I’m salivating thinking about it now

Do they still make them? Are they still as good as ten+ years ago?

Stoner
    Free Member

binners, how are you even still alive?

You’re a miracle of holistic medicine.

muggomagic

Dezzy Baby definitely needs to be on the naughty step to have a think about what it is he’s just said. Pork pies are like norks. Some can indeed be flat, lifeless and uninspiring, some can even contain unnatural, artificial ingredients, but the finest examples are things of majesty that can send the human spirit souring

😀
    Next time I see a nice pair of “norks” I’m just going to be distracted by thoughts of tasty pork pies now.

tomhoward

Pork pies are like norks. Some can indeed be flat, lifeless and uninspiring, some can even contain unnatural, artificial ingredients, but the finest examples are things of majesty that can send the human spirit souring

*stands*
    *applauds*

mogrim

Do Cornish Pasties count as pie? Pastry all round, with I believe is an important defining feature, despite what that fool stoner may say.

Otherwise: steak pie.

spawnofyorkshire

Do Cornish Pasties count as pie?

No, they are a pasty

nemesis
    Free Member

No pics but the pie pie that we made for a mate at uni who lived on Fray Bentos pies. It consisted of a proper pastry outer with several small steak pies in a rich gravy inside the main pie. And PIE in big pastry letters on the top 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Pork pies are like norks. Some can indeed be flat, lifeless and uninspiring, some can even contain unnatural, artificial ingredients, but the finest examples are things of majesty that can send the human spirit soaring.

Best thing I’ve read today and 100% accurate. 😆

hammyuk
    Free Member

You ALL need to pay a visit to the Ginger Pig Company……

END OF THREAD

neilthewheel

Pan Haggerty from the Knitsley Farm Shop http://www.knitsleyfarmshop.co.uk/shop-deli.html

RustySpanner

Pork pies are like norks.

Both wonderful until you get a mouthful of unexpected hair.

Stoner and DezB:
    Seek medical advice immediately.
    Please, if only for the sake of the children.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ginger Pig Company…..

Worse. Dating. Agency. Ever.

DezB
    Free Member

Ginger Pig Company…..
    Worse. Dating. Agency. Ever.

Anyone got a URL?

Pork pies though – the pastry’s horrible, the filling’s horrible. Combined?? Bleugh.
    I do like norks though (as far as I remember)

ThePinkster

I baked a Steak, Stilton & Stout pie this weekend which was rather nice, even if I say so myself.

Sorry, no pictures as it didn’t survive long enough.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Favourite Pie?’ is closed to new replies.