Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Favourite Meal that you Cook
  • chvck
    Free Member

So following on from the steak pie topic. What’s your favourite meal that you cook yourself?

Mine’s probably squid, prawns, mushroom and spinach risotto.

Cougar

I’m on a soup kick at the moment. Current ‘signature dish’ is (veggie) Thai Chickenless Noodle Soup. (You could probably make it carnvorous by substituting chicken).

Recipe available on request.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

simplicity rules in my book

good steak, cooked rare then sliced. served over loads of rocket with a balsamic reduction and oodles of parmisan, washed down with a good bold Rioja

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

washed down with a good bold Rioja [b]Merlot[/b]

Fixed that for you.

yunki
    Free Member

fillet steak medium rare.. sauteed sweet potato.. creamed leeks and sweetcorn..

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A quick chunky spag bol if I’m late from work.

Currently cooking one of my favourites. Niche mongers and posh types look away now…

Sausage, egg and chips with a two slices of bread and butter.

If I have all the time in the world then it has to be lasagne. Love cooking it on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Leg of Lamb slowcooked with Garlic, oregano, red wine,tomatoes and spuds.

chvck
    Free Member

Cougar could you email me that recipe please? It sounds good!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Fixed that for you.

not a massive merlot fan, i like a red wine that kicks you in the bollocks with steak

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if i have more time then leg or shoulder of lamb from the farm next to my parent’s (we buy a whole lamb at a time) studded with garlic and rosemary, cooked in a little red wine for 8 hours at 85 degrees

om nom nom nom

Kuco

A slow cooked chilli with lots of cheese grated over it.

donsimon
    Free Member

Quinoa cooked in a chicken stock with garlic, cumin, cinnamon, spring onions and raisins, accompanied by chicken. Quick, easy and healthy. 😀

b1galus
    Free Member

slow cooked lamb shanks with shallots and red wine with winter veg and loads of mashed tatties

Cougar

chvck – you’ve got mail.

Anyone else, just email me and I’ll ping it by return, makes life easier.

sv

Roasted red pepper risotto, peppers roasted on the BBQ give a great flavour.

Cougar

not a massive merlot fan, i like a red wine that kicks you in the bollocks with steak

I suspect perhaps you’ve been drinking the wrong Merlots, but ok – Cabernet then?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’m also on a soup thing at the mo, tend to batch cook a load and then portion into bags and bung in the freezer till I need them, quick simple and filling after a late night ride, currently have bags of Carrot & Coriander and Curried Parsnip in there. That said I do a mean rare ribeye with curried sweet potato wedges.

iDave
    Free Member

Paella with scallops, king prawn, chorizo and spinach and a big buckety glass x several of Amarone to compliment

5AM
    Free Member

This thread is just making me hungry!

saleem
    Free Member

mrmichaelwright – Member
    if i have more time then leg or shoulder of lamb from the farm next to my parent’s (we buy a whole lamb at a time) studded with garlic and rosemary, cooked in a little red wine for 8 hours at 85 degrees

To high a temp, 57 degrees is the correct temp for slow cooking, hope that helps, also you’ll not break down the protein structure too much and you’ll also have more due to less shrinkage.

iDave
    Free Member

a rare but nice feast is a venison roast with juniper berries and rosemary rub

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Beef casserole. With stuff in it.

lunge

Smoked haddock fish cakes, pea purée, home made tartare sauce and some nice fresh salad. Nom nom nom

Bregante

Nowt fancy here, just quality roast beef, roast spuds, carrots, Yorkshire pud etc

takisawa2

Probably my favourite…

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/takisawa2/4025246595/]IMG_7286[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Most Merlot =

Houns

Roast Fillet of Beef with all the trimmings

Hohum
    Free Member

I love lamb and all of the lamb dishes up above are making my mouth water!

However, my favourite meal that I cook is chicken fajitas.

Pogo
    Free Member

FISH PIE
    £4 – 5 worth of fish pie mix from your local monger, add 1 can of condensed mushroom soup, scatter 1 packet of ready salted kettle chips (crushed), drizzle with butter, 30-40 mins @ 180 ! BOSHDI!!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Toad in the hole, with decent sausages, peas and gravy. Did a nice stir fry, chicken, veg in sesame oil and a splash of soy sauce other day as well.

chipps

My signature dish, bizarrely is sushi. As fun to make and serve as it is to eat…

Divagirl
    Free Member

My favourite meal is any I haven’t had to cook myself 🙁

Cougar

Most Merlot = [house wine]

Perhaps, but my point still stands.

thehustler
    Free Member

A good propper cottage pie, but with cheesy potatoes is one and paella with chicken and seafood is the other

iDave
    Free Member

I love to cook for people who don’t cook, then I make exquisite espressos… the kitchen heat dries out my facial skin something rotten though…… 🙄

hh45
    Free Member

chilli chickpea and cabbage surprise. It tastes surprisingly good …..

Hohum
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    I love to cook for people who don’t cook, then I make exquisite espressos… the kitchen heat dries out my facial skin something rotten though……

A first class meal followed by a decent espresso gets my thumbs up!

iDave
    Free Member

yes but would you sit on my face afterwards?

Hohum
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    yes but would you sit on my face afterwards?

😳

You know, that is the first time I have ever been asked that…

iDave
    Free Member

I’m not gay or owt, it’s just a coffee/metrosexual related uber niche in-joke

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Favourite Meal that you Cook’ is closed to new replies.