Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Favourite Lakes Loop?
  • peteburrell
    Free Member

I have some mates coming up to ride in the Lakes next weekend (I’ve only recently moved to the area) and wondered what was everyone’s favourite Lakes Loop?

On the list so far is Nan Bield from Haweswater (up Gatescarth, over Harter, Down Nan Bield South, up again on Gatescarth heading North then over Harter and down Nan Bield heading North) and Skiddaw Summit to Ullock Pike (cheeky I know…).

Any input appreciated.

postierich
    Free Member

For a wet and windy day this did it yesterday lots of fun

postierich
    Free Member

Dry day Glennridding Grisedale Tarn UP Dollywagon Summit (Hellvellyn) Sticks Pass then Seldom Scene

chakaping
    Free Member

Did Staveley, Garburn, Gatesgarth, Harter Fell, Nan Bield South, HP Woods the other week.

It was just getting a bit boggy on the lower NB descent then, so I’m sure it would be horrible now.

I’d look for something firmer.

lesgrandepotato

Hodge close & IronKeld

whitestone
    Free Member

JennRide
    Lakeland 200

jekkyl

Whinlatter North 😉

I’m up the lakes this weekend too. My lineup includes Whiteless Pike one day and Warnscale another day. And will also hopefully include short rides to Styhead Tarn and Walla Crag, although on different rides.
    The long range forecast is for dry so I’m cautiously optimistic. 😀 😀

lowey

Sooo many to choose… Where will you be setting off from ?

joemmo
    Free Member

For a wet and windy day this did it yesterday lots of fun
    https://www.relive.cc/view/1177266562

not done all of this in one go but most of it in various rides – good for crappy days since it never gets that high. Approved

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Favourite Lakes Loop?’ is closed to new replies.