Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Favourite film chase/stunts?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Ryan O'Neal in The Driver. CaptainFlashHeart you may want to look away now.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well the chase scene from Ronin springs to mind, but surely it's Mad Max I FTW.

"Mate, I think we're still mobile!"

EDIT: what's so good about that clip? Some display driving in a car park…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bullit.

All of vanishing point.

And Malolm

Kuco

Blues brothers 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Make it STOP! MAKE IT STOP! That poor, lovely car…! 🙁

Anyway, for me, it's got to be something from Taxi
    Original French version here, sans sous-titres! Top soundtrack as well!
    or perhaps Ronin or Transporter. Oddly enough all three filmed around the same area!

brakes
    Free Member

mcmoonter, that's shit

– any car chase in the Bourne trilogy
    – Ronin
    – Bullit
    – Mad Max

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, Taxi was ace. "I need to get to the airport, my plane's in 20 minutes!" Hehehe 🙂

Kuco

Then they spoilt it by making Taxi 2 and even worse was the hollywood abortion.

brakes
    Free Member

more:

– Terminator 2 – where T1000 is chasing John Connor on a dirt bike and then Arnie on the Hog
    – Gone in 60 Seconds – lots of shit acting, but some lovely cars being ragged
    – The Rock – cage in a Ferrari round San Francisco

oh and lastly Smokey and the Bandit – "east bound and down, loaded up and truckin, we gonna do what they say can't be done…."

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Lol-ed for real at that all over again.. fantastique 🙂 Merci mon capitan..

Love the way the businessman tries to get him to slow down when he thinks he's going to die.. I think that clip cuts the bit where he's sick after getting out of the cab 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

Bullit even though the editing is poor as they pass the same green beetle four times

Houns

That Taxi clip always makes me think back to time me and a couple of mates got a taxi back from Wolverhampton(to Stourbridge)early one Saturday morning. The driver was an amateur rally driver, we didn't go below 90mph for the whole 10 mile journey

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Well I kind liked the taxi chase in 5th Element…the way Lilo is continuously yelling at him and he keeps telling her to shut up It's rather funny too.
    And I like the chase/escape scene in the Italian Job (Original)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Make it STOP! MAKE IT STOP! That poor, lovely car…!

CFH as consolation I give you Rendez-vous. Filmed in reality from a Mercedes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSyEarRAKo

Simonofthepiemans
    Free Member

E.T.

molgrips
    Free Member

Big bada boom!

vondally
    Free Member

that series of bmw ads with clive owen as the driver with amongst others Madonna and gary oldman, make me smile

geetee1972
    Free Member

For a bonus point, can anyone name the well known French film that the passenger in the Taxi clip also had a cameo role in?

Houns

2nd what Vondally said, I'd forgotten about them

peteimpreza

The French Connection with Gene Hackman surely?

Filmed on open roads without permission.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah but it's not that exciting, pete – just dodging other cars coming the other way.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

that series of bmw ads with clive owen as the driver with amongst others Madonna and gary oldman, make me smile

Hostage?

robkhoo
    Free Member
    marty
    Free Member

iconic vehicles, stunning backdrop, stirring soundtrack

BobaFatt
    Free Member

For a bonus point, can anyone name the well known French film that the passenger in the Taxi clip also had a cameo role in?

Taxi 2

crazy-legs

Over 20 posts in and no-one has mentioned a Bond film?! Too many good ones in there to remember them all!

I know it's silly and cartoonish but I really like this horse chase from the Mask of Zorro:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRImHGMxQek

locomotive

The Seven-Ups (1973)

All the classic ingredients, and the best cop siren ever.

You can tell the bads guys by the dodgy dress sense. Not like slick renegade hero Roy Schieder… what a guy!! (etc etc)

Eeek a roadblock… with a convenient sized gap in the middle!

Boom, shotgun blast takes the bonnet off.

Proper 70s nonsense.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Ronin – thread closed

amodicumofgnar

Subway – as its building into a list of films Luc Besson has had something to do with.

Cougar

– Terminator 2 – where T1000 is chasing John Connor on a dirt bike and then Arnie on the Hog

This. Back when I first got all my hifi stuff set up, I used to use that scene as a 'reference disc' to show off the system.

On Laserdisc. Ahem.

molgrips
    Free Member

Too many good ones in there to remember them all!

They are all flashy stunts and show. Not even remotely like real driving.

As for Ronin, yes it's good, but if you watch it again it becomes really conspicuous that all the other cars are neatly spaced, driving about 10mph and flashing their lights at each other in a code. If you look past the heavy editing it starts to look really obvious.

elaineanne
    Free Member

The Burbs-Tom Hanks… watched it agin this afternoon.. femur bone indeed ! 😉

skidartist
    Free Member

All 11 minutes of Argent Content but in particular 04.35 to 05.27

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

Crap film but watched that T3-rise of the machines last night and that chase scene with the big crane was quite good.

Creg

That final chase from Taxi is just brilliant, topped off with an epic soundtrack to boot.

The final chase from Driver is very good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNh3G8qodCQ

First Mad Max chase: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYLjlpP0NY (mmmm V8's)

khani
    Free Member

The scene in the last Indian when they finally let him go down the strip and he opens it up was excellent

Sawyer
    Free Member

The Matrix Reloaded, full freeway scene.

martinxyz
    Free Member

E.T.

as said before, they rode on dirt with 20" wheels and no suspension better than a lot of folk do on mtbs today!

samuri
    Free Member

The Matrix Reloaded, full freeway scene.

At last! The ducking and diving following Trinity on the bike is just awesome, not to mention fairly erotic as you watch that lucky chinese guy get on the back of the bike and cling to the back of her.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Favourite film chase/stunts?’ is closed to new replies.