Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Favourite ending to a film?
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

The Long Good Friday

jon1973
    Free Member

Not necessarily my favourite, but just rewatched Tinket, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011 film) yesterday. Thought the end montage with the song Le Mer was fantastic.

stgeorge

Two Lane Blacktop

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

+ 1 for Get Carter (the original) Forgot about that!

Leon.

That one where theyr’e in the getaway car & smash into a train on the crossing.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I was very pleased when Place Beyond the Pines eventually ended, but that’s not what you’re asking, is it?

JulianA
    Free Member

Not my favourite, but the ending to ‘Carrie’ was quiet a moment.

Smudger666

A boy and his dog. Made me chuckle.

steveoath
    Free Member

Man on fire

davosaurusrex

Groundhog Day
    Very Bad Things
    Kung Fu Hustle
    Man On The Moon

Lifer
    Free Member

La Haine

davosaurusrex

Goodbye Lenin

pondo

So, “No Way Out”, seconded by me.

Thirded. 🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Take the mick if you want but the first men in black ending was quite thought provoking. The scene where it pans out from the city to the state all the way to the cosmos. Ending up with two, ermmmm things playing marbles with us. On other words we’re naff all in the grand scheme of things.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Dr Strangelove
    Les Miserables

mikey74
    Free Member

Take the mick if you want but the first men in black ending was quite thought provoking. The scene where it pans out from the city to the state all the way to the cosmos. Ending up with two, ermmmm things playing marbles with us. On other words we’re naff all in the grand scheme of things.

I thought that was a nice touch too.

Longarmedmonkey

Whatever Scarlett whispers to Bill Murray at the end of Lost in Translation.

mikey74
    Free Member

I know it was technically a TV series, but the finale was feature length so I’m going to throw it in: M*A*S*H. Never fails to bring a tear.

PJM1974
    Free Member

No Way Out? Fourthed.

akira

Birdman was pretty good in a pick what you want to think way.

brassneck

Usual Suspects. I’m jealous of people who haven’t seen it as they get to see it.

Toy Story 3. Sob.

The Matrix. As said before, stop right there.

Gone Girl. Much better than I was expecting.

johnx2
    Free Member

I’ve read this thread in frustration, hoping for some decent spoilers. Instead all I get is lists of films to which I’ve forgotten the ending.

Anyway, for total wtf confusion how about Kubrick’s 2001? No idea what that was about. Then again, I was nine.

Or for seen late at night student freakout paranoia how about Donald Sutherland’s final line in the first remake of invasion of the body snatchers? (Spoiler alert, it’s “xxxxxhhaaaaar!”)

French connection: sweaty fat git harbour boat chase shooting?

Actual tear jerker for me and I can’t even remember the title, is an Almodovar film. In the final seconds it jumps forward in time from a silent nightime street in Franco’s Madrid, which becomes party town a couple of decades later. The authorial voiceover says something along the lines of “how frightened we were then, but we’re not frightened any more.” Ah for a bit of 90s optimism.

Gunz
    Free Member

Most now taken but Gomorrah surprised me at the end with its almost throw away treatment of the main characters.

ransos
    Free Member

Dirty Harry.

stevied
    Free Member

Green mile.

mintimperial

Back To The Future.

“Where we’re going we don’t need roads.”

Much as I like them, the sequels couldn’t quite live up to the promise of that closing scene. Ace.

edhornby

Someone must have said Casablanca already yes?

Pan’s Labyrinth, tear jerker

Stevet1
    Free Member

Little miss sunshine.

mikey74
    Free Member

Another Donald Sutherland one: How about Don’t Look Now, for a devastating conclusion?

eviljoe
    Free Member

If…

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Billy Liar
    Whiplash
    Long Good Friday

Pigface
    Free Member

That one where theyr’e in the getaway car & smash into a train on the crossing.

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

I liked the way Downfall ended, really great film.

lapdog
    Free Member

The supposedly improvised last words by Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner……tears in the rain….

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Favourite ending to a film?’ is closed to new replies.