Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Favourite brand of pads for avid juicys
  • chickenslippers
    Free Member

Hi all whats your fav brand of pads for your juicy setup?

I have 3 bikes ss hardtail running juicy 3, stumpjumper and sx trail running juicy 5.

What sort of price are you paying and where do you get them from. I did buy a cheap brand off ebay (forgotten the name) and I didn’t think they were as good as avids but avids are so expensive.

Many thanks in advance, Si

_tom_
    Free Member

I use Superstar Sintered. Cheap and work for months at a time. I think I’ve actually had mine on the front brake for almost a year now, and that’s after rides in the gritty sandy grinding paste type slop.

transporter13
    Free Member

tom +1….used ss sintered pads in shimano xt/formula k18/hayes 9’s and now for juicy’s

been nothing short of brilliant all the time

emac65
    Free Member

juicy 5’s(also got magura’s & shimano’s) – Disco brakes,sintered,been fine.
    Tried superstar in the past,but their quality is all over the place & it just depends which batch you end up with as to whether they’re going to be any good or not…..

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i bought some clarkes from crc as they were cheap. stop ok but squeel like crazy at the slightest spot of dampness.

slimraybob
    Free Member

+1 for disco pads, I’ve had mine on since last summer.

chickenslippers
    Free Member

Thats them, Superstar they worked ok lasted well but not quite as good as the avids for stopping IMO.

I just thought I would put it out there as a question as I am willing to try different brands.

Cheers, Si

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Favourite brand of pads for avid juicys’ is closed to new replies.