Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • favourite bike event of the year?
  • tazzymtb

So then, whats been your favourite event/race/bike related thingy this year?

For me:Battle on the beach, great vibe, great course and just a lovely “back to basics” feel. Mr Page doea make an exceedingly good event. Cant wait until the epic cymru next year.

CheesybeanZ

Heaven of the South , very well run – great trails and brill atmosphere .

almightydutch
    Free Member

Specialized Demo Day up Cannock Chase.

Only down to the fact they brought along TheAirbag.net for the day which was most excellent fun. Never thought I’d be backflipping a MTB

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Oh how can I say this without sounding all crawly bumlick?

Yes Tazzy, it was SSUK and no I don’t want even a small thankyou kiss.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Brecon beast and leisure lakes demo day 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

I really enjoyed brighton big dog. Drinking from my mug now 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

This years single speeds was a top weekend, a nice chilled couple of days of drinking and riding.
    The morvelo battle royale two weeks ago was great as well. Completely different, completely ridiculous, but a really good day out.

Northwind

The Enduro World Series at Tweedlove- best race I’ve ever done, despite breaking my bike, but it was just an amazing package overall. Something I’ll never forget- hoping to do a couple of rounds this year but I don’t think it’ll be the same as the first time.

This still sums it up best for me, the kids were brilliant- I felt like a world champion riding back into peebles green, despite being just some guy

Also I can now casually say “When I was racing in the world championships”, and just not mention that I’m useless 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

Big Bike Bash……followed closely by Battle on the beach

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bike bike bash here. Pretty much the only event I ever make it to.

benji
    Free Member

SSUK was a good weekend away, thanks Tazzy

Dusk Til Dawn, racing in the dark, with the moon and frost made a spectacular night time viewing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hellfire Cup in Tassie
    Fun lots of riding and a beer van

Tracey

Steel City DH, never seen as much people having so much fun at an event, gets better every year.

rOcKeTdOg

mayhem, but for the friends and the perfect weather, never going to do it again as it could never be that good again

RustySpanner

Went to watch a little road race in Yorkshire.
    That was fun.

BoardinBob

What northwind said, pretty much verbatim (except my bike didn’t break and he should have been dq’d and I would have finished in 80th instead of 81st 😉 )

nosedive
    Free Member

probably pmba lee quarry. stunning day. great variety of stages. no one taking it too seriously

MrSparkle

1. 3 Peaks cx
    2. SSEC
    3. SSUK

onewheelgood

The Long Mynd Batch Burner. Great riding, in a good cause, and just a fantastic friendly atmosphere.

loddrik
    Free Member

There are bike events..? 😐

jonba
    Free Member

3 peaks cx great atmosphere, great course, silly bikes.

igm

SSUK

It was the only one I actually got round to doing.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lakeland Monster CX in Keswick.

Utterly

Fab

DrP

Ooh…
    I do love big bike bash for the family feel.. Ssuk was awesome fun -the hardest I’ve raced in a long time… And HOTS was a lovely course, great atmosphere, and doing it on the tandem with the wife was something special…
    So yeah, those!

DrP

tthew

Ooh, tough one. I’ve done a few this year. Probably the Tour of Flanders sportive/race/weekend away with the lads from work. Those Belgians really know how to throw a cycling party.

Philby

HOTS, HONC and Exmoor Explorer for MTB. LVIS Audax and Sodbury Sportive for road.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Cross Mountain.

mccraque

I enjoyed the bigdog and spin up in a brewery…

Also enjoy the brass monkeys!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Tweedlove round of the Enduro World Series again here. I rode like a weapon but the event was brilliant.

Tweedlove King and Queen of the Hill is in 2nd place for what I thought was the most fun race stage I’ve ever done. (Stage 2 for those that did it)

eddie11
    Free Member

3 peaks cx. Definitely.

Oops edit: riding 1st day tour route in March in the dark was pretty memorable, as was watching it in July (even though I hadn’t remembered 😳 )

iain1775
    Free Member

Best bike event?
    Tour de France, watching stage 1 at Buttertubs, camping the weekend and having a laugh with mates, then the final stage at Place Concorde, with the family and having a laugh with my 4 year old daughter and a load of complete strangers

Best bike event I actually took part in?
    Just some good rides with mates, having a laugh with and at each other

For me it’s not about competition or specific events, just being outside and having a laugh with friends

steveh

For me taking part in the Pearce dh series again and playing a small part in making it happen. Every time the best weekends, amazing atmosphere and organisation and hanging out with all my mates.

Also EWS tweedlove was good for something different and for learning some of the amazing trails up there.

Speshpaul

Mtb Marathon at Ruthin.
    But only because my lad came with me and did the 55K route.
    Not bad for a 12YO.
    Made me grin for days.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Bonty 24/12. I can’t imagine an event having better weather or a better atmosphere.
    It was perfect as far as I was concerned!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Lakeland Monster CX in Keswick.

Utterly

Fab

+1

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘favourite bike event of the year?’ is closed to new replies.