Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Favour required – Spoke length check
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just wondering if someone could double check my calculations please?

Hubs are normal 32h, QR, Hope Pro 2s – Dimensions HERE
    Rims are ERD 604 as printed on the rim (Stans ZTR355 29er)
    3x build

I get 292mm all round (Well, 292 & 293)

Many thanks 🙂

Andy-R

I get – Front 293 R, 292 L
    Rear 292 R, 293 L

So, 32 each of 292 and 293mm (assuming that the manufacturer's ERD is correct).

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers, much appreciated. Spokes only come in even lengths so 292 it is! 🙂

hopster
    Free Member

I'd go for 294 rather than 292 both sides TBH. Better to be slightly too long than to have not enough spoke in the nipple especially if you use 12mm nipples.

Also PP be careful with the spoke tension. You can't crank ZTR rims up as tight as other rims. Great choice of rims BTW.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Also PP be careful with the spoke tension. You can't crank ZTR rims up as tight as other rims. Great choice of rims BTW

Spokes ordered already, 292s.

Thanks for the tip, I'm building them for a mate. It has to be said they are nice rims though, as good as Mavics quality wise. 🙂

Andy-R

Sorry – I didn't know what spokes you're using – I just had DT Swiss in my head (for some reason….) and they do come in odd lengths.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Andy, I can't get DTs for any reasonable price in this length. CRC are usually the best price bit stop at 270mm or something on there. I'm using ACIs from Cyclebasket.com, under £30 for both wheels. (Black, SS, DB)

Andy-R

No, I don't know why CRC don't stock any longer lengths – I got some from Pedal On a week or so ago ( 16 each of 293, 294mm, plus 32 262mm and they worked out at about £40 (silver DB 2/1.8mm)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Favour required – Spoke length check’ is closed to new replies.