• This topic has 54 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Favorite Jewish person?
  • obadiah
    Free Member

Abram aka Abraham
    (lights blue touch paper and retires immediately). 😉

PJM1974
    Free Member

Are we talking practising or culturally Jewish?

Someone’s mentioned Albert Einstein, but no-one has come up with Rabbi Lionel Blue yet. He made listening to Radio 4 a pleasure.

Seeing as Victoria Coren has been snapped up, there’s the simply wonderful Miriam Margolyes.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

the rabbi lionel blair ?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgflCZ5lP4s[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

no-one has come up with Rabbi Lionel Blue yet

Page 1.

CountZero

A person’s religion or ethnicity is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned, in fact the one thing that concerns me least is whatever deity someone believes in, far more important is how they behave as a human being.
    It’s never, ever occurred to me to ask or even wonder.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s why this is a bit of a tongue in cheek thread, but you’ll notice that no-one’s actually talking about Jewishness. Kind of nice to highlight that Jewish people are just normal people and can be celebs like anyone else.

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    A person’s religion or ethnicity is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned, in fact the one thing that concerns me least is whatever deity someone believes in, far more important is how they behave as a human being.
    It’s never, ever occurred to me to ask or even wonder.

What if you found out that I am your overlord? How will you feel? Do you feel disgusted? 😈

edit: This is just an assumption but you need think about it that I am your overlord. 😈

jambalaya
    Free Member

Let me try and do 1 person a day. Kirk or should I say Sparticus 🙂

failedengineer

Leonard Cohen. Oh, and my mother.

nedrapier

you’ll notice that no-one’s actually talking about Jewishness, Kind of nice to highlight that Jewish people are just normal people and can be celebs like anyone else.

Bit patronising?! 😀 Especially in the entertainment/film biz, where they’re very well represented!

Not sure about favourite Jew, but the Jewish person I’ve voluntarily heard speak most about Jewishness is Marc Maron. I really enjoy his podcasts, and a few of them, when he’s interviewing someone else who’s Jewish, get into what it means to them to be Jewish, how it’s more than just belief in a god, and actual belief in the actual God is secondary to the social/societal/cultural aspect.

I think the Mel Brooks interview gets into it, but certainly the Jeff Goldblum one does, and the Ben Sidran one is absolutely fascinating, from start to finish, on every aspect they touch on (he’s a jazz/rock n roll pianist, played with everyone. There’s a great section at the end where they get into Jewishness and getting more “Jewey” as they get older, figuring out the bits of the culture that start to unexpectedly chime with them.

nedrapier

interview starts at 13:35. Jewishness chat starts at 15:04 – earlier than I remembered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-1v-tI7LE

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Scott walker

Gu gu ga Jew? (I am the walrus)

ThePinkster

selkirkbear – Member
    Dave Gorman

Genuine 😆 ing at that.

kennyp
    Free Member

Rabbi Lionel Blue. Sadly missed.

Daffy

Einstein, Oppenheimer, Teller.

And on the other side Gal Gadot…a real life Wonderwoman.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Favorite Jewish person?’ is closed to new replies.