Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Have we done Wiggo's answer to doping allegations at the press conference?
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Nop binners I will not bite like wiggo did…. Jog on.

binners

Your restraint is admirable. There’s a lesson there for all of us. Brad included

*runs off to start Twitter campaign against Ro5ey*

😀

shedfull
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s the nature of this year’s TDF or its proximity to the Olympics but riders seem to have crammed more outbursts into the first week than I think I’ve seen in recent years. So far, we’ve had Wiggo’s outburst on doping and punching of a cameraman, a rider (whose name I can’t recall) clouting a spectator who was running alongside on a climb and Farrar’s confrontation at the door of the team bus of the bloke who caused his crash.

Maybe the enjoyment to risk ratio is pretty low this year.

If I were Specialized’s tyre man, I’d keep away from Tony Martin for a day or so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yep and when he was did he win the Tour? Did Evan have an outburst last year? I can’t remember one.

Your right the only reason he was faster than anyone else on a push bike that year was because he did not shout at a journalist.
    I am not sure I have ever seen a casual link so expertly displayed on a thread before [ consider this an application to your twitter club binners]

PS If I were to calm down on here would I also would become faster at pedalling

craigf
    Free Member

maybe in years past the dope they were on turned them into pedalling automatons with zero emotion… now it’s all handbags and flouncing out of interviews

Ro5ey
    Free Member

After Wigs smashed it today, I’m happily wrong.

Hope I continue to be.

Outta hear

brakes
    Free Member

there is an audio recording, if you listen you’ll hear his reaction was far from an angry outburst – it was a measured response to a retarded question designed to get a reaction from Wiggo akin to poking him with a stick – the press have asked him stupid questions in press conferences before and got similar responses albeit without the swears.
    …and there’s a questions as to whether he actually said ‘c**ts’ at the end or whether he said ‘cut’.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep heard the audio on the ITV4 coverage… Agreed not really an outburst at all, despite the language.

Then a very measured interview with Ned after the stage win addressing the very points I was making. Said he “was concentrating very business like on the job ahead”…. and “perhapes you win the Tour keeping your cool”

Good…. all is well and now we can bask in the glory of an Englishman in yellow for the next two weeks.

Happy Days

binners

Well it certainly seems to have had the desired effect.

It reminds me of when Ronnie used to play for United. He used to get pure grief from away fans, mostly questioning his sexuality. In one game, can’t recall exactly who were playing, but he was at the receiving end of torrents of abuse. In response he put on an absolute masterclass in the first half. At half time, the opposition manager (think it was Alex Mcleish) said “I wish our fans would stop giving him so much grief. It just fires him up even more! Its not helping.”

Seems there’s a bit of that going on here. Go on Bradley lad! 😀

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

Good for you Brad, it’s easy for all the sanctimonious p#@*s to complain about a bit of bad language, but the point is that Sky from day one have staked there whole reputation on being a clean team and winning clean, by employing methods learnt from the GB track team in eking tiny performance gains from everywhere from training methods, nutrition and equipment and on top of that very very hard work which when you put that all together you get the results that we are seeing now. It’s not like this has happened overnight so for a fiery character like Brad to react in such a way is totally reasonable and it would be really boring if everybody was pious and PC all the time !

Come on Wiggo !

Klunk
    Free Member

interesting article was from the radio 4 maths program

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Have we done Wiggo's answer to doping allegations at the press conference?’ is closed to new replies.