Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fave trails not ridden in ages..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Hey. Not sure if this is the right place but hey.. also I couldn’t find a recent thread to piggy back off..
    So, last night I decided to jump on my Gunnar29erSS and head over to one of my favourite trails. I say this because I’ve not ridden that trail in 16mths (due to roadie stuff) and the fact that I’d ridden it to death at the time.
    So, I racked up the river along a wooded twisty singletrack and headed into the woods. I just got totally absorbed in it and felt like I was hardly peddling. It was sublime. I felt like my reactions were so in tune with the terrain and my pedal strokes just flowed out of me, a twitch here, a twitch there, and dig here and so on. I have to say it was amazing and made me grin like a kid. I’m so glad I gave that trail a rest, but now I’m glad I revisited it once more. Good to see some other tyre tracks proving that I’m not the only one in love with may favourite “local” trail.
    It’s location is just off the Hamble River and heads towards Botley.
    Share yours, favourite trails that you’ve not ridden in ages.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well I really liked the latter half of Gorlech at Brechfa but it’s been a few years…

I also think about various rough descents from Dunkery Beacon to Horner a fair bit and am hoping to go on oldfarts Exmoor thingy in a few weeks to re-acquaint myself. And also the very high speed descent from North Hill to Minehead via the zigzag path.

And then there’s Smiths Combe, but I did that recently and it’s still as gusset filling at usual.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I miss the peaks a huge amount, pretty much all the trails round Ladybower to be honest. Nothing like blasting down some rocky doubletrack, and rocky doubletrack is definitely missing round here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailmonkey

all the stuff that I’ve done in the alps and the lakes

RealMan
    Free Member

….Steve? Great that you’re back on the MTB, thought you had sold it as well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Some of the bridleways round Grizedale.

Really looking forward to returning to Rivington to ride Belmont descent and Ice Cream Run again – became instant faves.

Actually gutted I’m not going to see the in-laws for a while for that reason.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fave trails not ridden in ages..’ is closed to new replies.