Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • fave air cooled vw ?
  • lord
    Free Member

i had a 69 beetle but quite fancy a variant , whats yours ?

hooja
    Free Member

I’m with you on a variant,or a notch, although a very early bay would do!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fastback.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Karman Ghia.

bigblackshed

It’s got to be the stereotypical 21 window Samba Splity. With safari windows. When I win the lottery……..

maccruiskeen

SP2

vdubber67
    Free Member

67 Sparkafer Beetle. Had one. Sold it. Regretted it.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m no connoisseur but I can’t argue with you on the variant..

I like these too..

rickmeister

Love one of these but a little scarce..

piffpaffpoff
    Free Member

Karmann Ghia, deffo. Or a 1303 Beetle, purely from a nostalgia point of view – my first car. (RIP)

I remember my Uncle and Auntie coming to visit in their green variant when I was about 4 and I was utterly baffled at them bringing their shopping & luggage out of the engine. I worked it out eventually….

mattbee

The ’72 Bay Devon Devonette bus I had to sell 10 years ago because I just couldn’t afford to keep it. Regret it massivly and was teary when it was taken away.
    Other than that I’m another vote for a nice lowered squareback on Fuchs wheels with just a little bit of chrome on og paint.

wwaswas

I always liked my wife’s one for the subtle colour scheme;

CountZero

Ooooo! A Schwimmwagen! Fabulous things. I’d love a Karmen Ghia, beautiful cars.

jamj1974

That Schwimmwagen is indeed very cool! I would also love a mint Karman Ghia too!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My first car. A 1972 marathon beetle.

Not my picture but my motor was identical.

ericemel
    Free Member

I wouldn’t sniff at a 23 window barn door

But does this count?

meehaja
    Free Member

Fastback or ghia for me…though if anyone loves orange aircooled t3 panel vans, let me, I’ll do a good price…

fishcake
    Free Member

Type 3 Razor Edge

tang
    Free Member

We had a surf green split screen devon that I loved(which is now a chicken coup on hertfordshire somewhere)and a varient when I was a kid. I hated the varient because it wasn’t a ford cortina and always broke down outdide school. My beautiful drama teacher had a karrman ghia and took me and my best mate away for a (memorable) weekend in it ….

rickmeister

Very cool Fishcake, beautiful, and the little black Porsche…

Steelsreal

always fancied a frid, came close once but didn’t buy it, wish i had…

fishcake
    Free Member

Love the T2D TV Bus Too

mcmoonter
    Free Member

412 Variant.

My aunt had one. Her son projectile vomited towards the windscreen and heater vents. Whenever the blower was switched on you got a waft of puke. That aside it was a brilliant car, ahead of it’s time with amazing build quality.

She commuted from Banchory to Aberdeen for ten years in it, then sold it to a taxi firm who drove farm kids to school in it for many years after.

Maybe someone could post a pic of one, I can’t from here.

ransos
    Free Member

I drove this around New Zealand.

ThePinkster

Gotta be the Karmen Ghia. An absolute work of art.

vinnyeh

My old 1962 1200, circa 1985, again in NZ. Had a ’72 after that, and a rat old Variant. but this was in lovely nick considering it’s year.
    Best colour as well.

wwaswas

I like the ‘car casually parked on its roof’ in the second shot.

postierich
    Free Member

ransos snap great bus 5 weeks in her made me by a bus when I got home

and again by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Heading out of Glenbrittle by Richard Munro, on Flickr

madjak
    Free Member

Ive got a Early Bay Dormobile which I’m slowly restoring on the drive but fancy a 412 Variant for some reason. Can’t wait till its finished, but I think too much riding seems to be pushing the project back a bit…..

bol

Stretching it a bit, but I’d go with a 993. I’ve got fond memories of my GT Beetle, but also recall driving from Norwich to Middlesbrough with only a handbrake, gears and forward planning to stop me. Not something I’d repeat as an adult.

maccruiskeen

Stretching it a bit, but I’d go with a 993.

stretching it a bit less a porsche 914 / 916, VW’s replacement for the Karmen Ghia (the original plan was the 4 cylinder ones would be badged as VW but in the end they were all sold with a Porsche badge)

I think the karmen ghias look great in photos but are a bit mleh in real life – a collection of nice volumes that don’t seem to have been composed well together. The 914 / 916 is the opposite, it seems to be impossible to photograph well but they seem to sit together really nicely in flesh.

cardo

I had one of these.. the 50th annivesary beetle as a yoof , loved it had it for 8 years, did the shows … would love to find it again because yep stupidly I sold it!… Always hankered after Karmann Ghia too.

bokonon
    Free Member

I’d go with the Razor edge type 3, my wife would argue for a split screen bus, we actually have a rusty old ’65 beetle.

pictonroad

T2D’s Brasilia

or this one;

Heart.

brakes
    Free Member

tough decision – I’d love a Notchback or a Squareback, and a T2 Crewcab.

my old ’71 flatscreen 1200

Northwind

T2 camper for me. With a scoob engine in it just to upset people

brakes
    Free Member

nah, needs a 911 engine shoehorned in

spectabilis
    Free Member

Mine would be…..my Type 3 fasty

UncleFred
    Free Member

I’ve had a 72 custom bug, big engine, lowered, big stereo,. A resto cal 67 beetle, a 78 type 2 that really should not have been anywhere near the road, a GP Mark 2 buggy, a 67 Westfalia split and more recently a 70 Square which i traded for something sensible when the twins came along, couldn’t get car seats in the back but was great for carrying bikes.

I’ve always lusted after a Type 34′, would love another Split and hanker after a flatscreen Karmann Convertible and would happily have a 356c but would settle for a 914/6. Just need to win the lottery.

brakes
    Free Member

spectabilis, that is lovely, great colour

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘fave air cooled vw ?’ is closed to new replies.